Graphical Problems in Seamonkey without Safe-mode

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
atcade

Graphical Problems in Seamonkey without Safe-mode

Post by atcade »

Hello,

since a couple of weeks I have problems using seamonkey with my Win10 Prof. Computer.

When I start seamonkey most of the webpages aren´t correct displayed, for example: Gogglemail Login:
in Safe-Mode it works:

Another example: DuckDuckGo:

I tried to uninstall Seamonkey and reinstall, but it doesn´t help. Is it a known bug or is it specific for me?

Thanks for your help in advance

Regards,
Markus
TPR75

Re: Graphical Problems in Seamonkey without Safe-mode

Post by TPR75 »

atcade wrote:[...]I have problems using seamonkey [...]. Is it a known bug or is it specific for me?
It's not a bug. It's a feature... (no) thanks to Google and other corpos:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14887234
--
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

If it works in SafeMode then it's likely to be one of your extensions. It's possible it could also be you need to turn off Hardware Acceleration (disabled by default in SafeMode) in Preferences, but I reckon it's unlikely to be that.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
atcade

Post by atcade »

@ Frank Lion

Indeed, disabling hardware acceleration helped. Thanks for your hint.

I only wonder why this problems appeared suddenly. Because I use seamonkey for more than 10 years and didn´t ever change settings for that.

Regrads,
Markus
frg

Post by frg »

Suspesct it is the joy of playing Windows 10 permanent beta tester. Read that the latest patches have problems with vsync and games. So would not wonder me if it affects some applications like SeaMonkey too. Or video drivers got updated too.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

atcade wrote:@ Frank Lion

Indeed, disabling hardware acceleration helped. Thanks for your hint.
Glad you fixed it. :)

The reason that I wrote that is was unlikely was that all the examples I've seen of HA needing to be turned off were more 'graphical glitches', like little cubes of colour or random lines - bit like an out of tune TV screen.

Still, just shows how useful Troubleshooting steps, like SafeMode, are, you don't have to think or guess but just follow where it leads you.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
4td8s

Post by 4td8s »

frg wrote:Suspesct it is the joy of playing Windows 10 permanent beta tester. Read that the latest patches have problems with vsync and games. So would not wonder me if it affects some applications like SeaMonkey too. Or video drivers got updated too.
most likely the Win10 updates and/or when the Win10 OS decided to silently update the video driver with one that causes graphics problems

there are ways to disabling Win10 auto updates - just search for them out there :)