Addon "PDF.js" not recognized, not working

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
EckardG

Addon "PDF.js" not recognized, not working

Post by EckardG »

Hello,
addon PDF.js (for firefox) was updated by Manual Reimes last days to 2.2.1. but not work in seamonkey with latest version!

Unfortunately my addon settings in SM was set to "standard", my addon was unintentionally updated! Help! Who has old working PDF.js, version before?
The history of PDF.js addons offers PDF.js 1.7: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/androi ... id-pdf-js/ -> see all versions -> Version 1.7.0.
But that version doesn't work! Who has old working PDF.js version ? And can send it to me? eg9 add gmx.de

I work with seamonkey 2.53.2 (intranet! , linux) since a year with PDF.js addon. Now I detect suddenly that no longer works.
I installed seamonkey 2.53.2. on Win10 , doesn't work with plugin 2.1.1 nor with 1.7.0 .
I upgraded Win10 to latest seamonkey 2.53.7.1. : addon 1.7.0 and 2.1.1. tested, also not recognised.

I know Win10 PCs with running SM 2.53.2. with running PDF.js addon. Where is the addon saved in Win10? - I could copy the plugin from there alternatively.

tia
Eckard
Last edited by EckardG on April 17th, 2021, 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
TPR75

Re: Addon "PDF.js" not recognized, not working

Post by TPR75 »

EckardG wrote:Hello,
addon PDF.js (for firefox) was updated by Manual Reimes last days to 2.2.1. but not work in seamonkey with latest version!
Latest version of PDF Viewer for SeaMonkey:
https://github.com/IsaacSchemm/pdf.js-s ... /releases/
--
ElTxolo

Post by ElTxolo »

EckardG wrote:Hello,

Unfortunately my addon settings in SM was set to "standard", my addon was unintentionally updated! Help! Who has old working PDF.js, version before?
The history of PDF.js addons offers PDF.js 1.7: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/androi ... id-pdf-js/ -> see all versions -> Version 1.7.0.
But that version doesn't work! Who has old working PDF.js version ? And can send it to me? eg9 add gmx.de

I work with seamonkey 2.53.2 (intranet! , linux) since a year with PDF.js addon. Now I detect suddenly that no longer works.
I installed seamonkey 2.53.2. on Win10 , doesn't work with plugin 2.1.1 nor with 1.7.0 .
I upgraded Win10 to latest seamonkey 2.53.7.1. : addon 1.7.0 and 2.1.1. tested, also not recognised.

I know Win10 PCs with running SM 2.53.2. with running PDF.js addon. Where is the addon saved in Win10? - I could copy the plugin from there alternatively.
  • Image You are trying to install a WebExtension for Android, in SeaMonkey. Something that is impossible
    (because SeaMonkey, does not support WebExtensions, and even less for Android).

Image don't people read the SeaMonkey 2.53.7.1 release notes?

What's New in SeaMonkey 2.53.7.1 wrote:
    .... For displaying pdf files in the browser you can use pdf.js-seamonkey from Isaac Schemm.

How to Ask Questions The Smart Way - How to Report Bugs Effectively ;)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240109 SeaMonkey/2.53.18.1
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240324 SeaMonkey/2.53.19 :lildevil:

~
EckardG

[solved] Re: Addon "PDF.js" not recognized, not working

Post by EckardG »

Ohhhh ... yes !!!! What a painful mixture on my part!! Sorry!! My fault!!! The android webextension for android FF can never work with seamonkey. Hahaha! I worked to much ...

But very interesting, that SM accpets android webextension and asks: "Do you want to install the addon?"

BTW: i use PDF.js for FF on Android, too. Thats why I mixed it.
(Annotation: PDF.js for FF on android still not works for "new" FF, install old firefox-68-10-1.apk -> https://firefox.en.uptodown.com/android ... ad/2289715 and PDF.js Version 1.7.0 from Manuel Reimers. But one day new FF for android will be supported ... ;) )

Works!! Addon from Isaak Schemm works out-of-the-box. I don't know why I lost that addon ... Now all is documented in my "knowledgebase textfile".

Thanks to Isaam Schemm, to Manuel Reimes, thanks to mozilla project, thank to forum with friendly and ambitious supporters!!

Eckard
4td8s

Post by 4td8s »

ElTxolo wrote: Image don't people read the SeaMonkey 2.53.7.1 release notes?

unfortunately some people don't have either the guts or the brains (or maybe the time & energy) to do so (well that's their fault, not ours)