Hotmail visit causes frequent stalling

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
BenoitRen

Hotmail visit causes frequent stalling

Post by BenoitRen »

If I visit Hotmail/Outlook during my browsing session, I experience frequent stalls of about 3 seconds for the rest of the session. Looking in about:memory, I see that something from outlook.live.com is still occupying a lot of memory.

This happens on both the old Windows 7 computer I use at home and the Windows 10 workstation I use at work. I've tried disabling the built-in extensions (haven't installed any) save for DOM Inspector, and the issue persists.

Is this a known bug?
Last edited by BenoitRen on April 22nd, 2021, 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
DanRaisch

Re: Hotmail visit causes frequent stalling

Post by DanRaisch »

Not seeing that here at all.
Have you tried starting SeaMonkey in Mozilla Safe Mode? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
If no improvement using Safe Mode, do you have the same problem if you create a new profile and test it with no extensions or non-default themes installed?
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_Manager
Note that creating a new profile will not remove the original profile, which you can go back to if you see no improvement with the new.

Moving to SeaMonkey Support as no specific bug has yet been identified here.
therube

Post by therube »

(Hello, BenoitRen :-).)
(PS: Looks like you are due for a .1 update to SeaMonkey.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
ndebord

Post by ndebord »

BenoitRen wrote:If I visit Hotmail/Outlook during my browsing session, I experience frequent stalls of about 3 seconds for the rest of the session. Looking in about:memory, I see that something from outlook.live.com is still occupying a lot of memory.

This happens on both the old Windows 7 computer I use at home and the Windows 10 workstation I use at work. I've tried disabling the built-in extensions (haven't installed any) save for DOM Inspector, and the issue persists.

Is this a known bug?
BenoitRen,

Not seeing that at all. SeaMonkey grabs my POP3 email from Hotmail just fine.

Nick
-N- Si vis pacem, para bellum
FrameWork, SeaMonkey(64-bit),Windows 10 Pro (X64- 21H2), WinPatrol, Malwarebytes & Panda Dome
BenoitRen

Post by BenoitRen »

ndebord wrote:SeaMonkey grabs my POP3 email from Hotmail just fine.
I'm referring to the webmail version of Hotmail.

At any rate, I'm starting to think that the stalling is related to Autotask, not Hotmail. But the fact remains that some JavaScript of Hotmail keeps hogging memory.
ndebord

Post by ndebord »

BenoitRen wrote:
ndebord wrote:SeaMonkey grabs my POP3 email from Hotmail just fine.
I'm referring to the webmail version of Hotmail.

At any rate, I'm starting to think that the stalling is related to Autotask, not Hotmail. But the fact remains that some JavaScript of Hotmail keeps hogging memory.
"BenoitRen,

Got it. So just checked my online Hotmail account and I was able to log in with no problems on my Windows 10 Pro laptop. Memory usage goes up by about 1/5 while logged in there.

Hope this helps.

Nick
-N- Si vis pacem, para bellum
FrameWork, SeaMonkey(64-bit),Windows 10 Pro (X64- 21H2), WinPatrol, Malwarebytes & Panda Dome