Main Theme Extensions and Calendar Colours

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
cpcnw

Main Theme Extensions and Calendar Colours

Post by cpcnw »

Hi,

I'm using the Seamonkey Modern theme on the Windows build plus the Lightning extension.

I'd like to try and change the colors used by the Lightning extension to match those used by the Modern theme?

Is that possible on the Windows build?

Can't see what looks like the right .css files anywhere?

Thanks a mill!
Sometimes in life things happen for a reason. And sometimes that reason is because you are stupid and make bad decisions!
Frank Lion

Re: Main Theme Extensions and Calendar Colours

Post by Frank Lion »

See if this helps - http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14789746

With SM, the files already exist, but need renaming to userChrome.css and userContent.css. Find the profile, these days, by putting about:profiles in the addressbar, and then you want the root folder of the profile in use.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
cpcnw

Post by cpcnw »

Cheers Frank;

Root folder is this C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\SeaMonkey\Profiles\bmfcrftv.default\

and in chrome is userChrome-example.css

I've copied this back into the same folder as userChrome.css and ran your test [all text in red] which works!

The problem I have is finding all the settings that might affect Lightning alone?

I'm assuming userChrome.css is just for custom over rides and that the theme colours take presidency. If I could find where they are stored I may be able to identify the colors I want to change.
Sometimes in life things happen for a reason. And sometimes that reason is because you are stupid and make bad decisions!
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

cpcnw wrote:The problem I have is finding all the settings that might affect Lightning alone?

I'm assuming userChrome.css is just for custom over rides and that the theme colours take presidency. If I could find where they are stored I may be able to identify the colors I want to change.
To find the internal names of various bits then you need the Dom Inspector extension (I use version 2.0.17.2) and you might already have it installed by default.

userChrome.css will override the styling of any conventionally coded replacement theme, like Modern. Overlay themes, like mine, rely heavily on !important to already override the underlying default theme, so userChrome.css coding can find that harder to override.

But, for example in Modern, try this under the namespace line in userChrome.css -

Code: Select all

#agenda-panel {
	background: yellow !important;
	color :blue !important;
}	
Many years back, I did a starter guide to using the DOMi, I'll see if I can find that later.

But...you getting userChrome.css to work OK is already a good thing.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
cpcnw

Post by cpcnw »

Thanks. The Dom Inspector doesn't seem much help trying to click on anything in the 'Today Pane'

I've click the button 'Find node to inspect by clicking on it' - but it doesn't show any results at all for any part of above window.
cpcnw

Post by cpcnw »

Ah I have just tried your code snippet and that gets one of them! Do you have a list of others?
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

cpcnw wrote:Thanks. The Dom Inspector doesn't seem much help trying to click on anything in the 'Today Pane'
Does for me, but then again I have been doing this stuff awhile.

cpcnw wrote: I've click the button 'Find node to inspect by clicking on it' - but it doesn't show any results at all for any part of above window.
Make sure you select the correct Chrome Document, you probably want the Inbox one.

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 3#p2547823

It's a steep learning curve, but it's a 1000x easier than that awful built-in Browser Toolbox effort. If you can find it, the Inspect Element extension is very good addition to the DOMi.
cpcnw

Post by cpcnw »

Thanks, getting a bit further now I can use the Inspector. Can't get some elements even with the correct names. Is there an element of nesting rules?
cpcnw

Post by cpcnw »

This is all the keys I have working so far...

#agenda-panel {
   background: #DDE3EB !important;
}   

#todo-tab-panel {
}   

#calendar-nav-control {
}  

#unifinder-searchBox {
}  

sidebarheader {
} 

I'm pretty sure I must be missing something because there are loads of elements like in the mini-month which I can't seem to influence at all...

Edit: I defo am missing something because I just discovered that the likes of sidebar header is a Class not an ID - kind of forgetting this is CSS - and my CSS voodoo is no good lol!
cpcnw

Post by cpcnw »

Tried everything with this one which is the number of days in previous / next month showing in minical

.minimonth-day[othermonth="true"] {
background-color: #DDE3EB !important;
}

I've seen other themes got this changed but won't work for me :(
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

cpcnw wrote:Tried everything with this one which is the number of days in previous / next month showing in minical
Strange.

This works for me (tested with Modern theme) -

.minimonth-day[othermonth="true"] {
  -moz-appearance: none !important;
  background-color: purple !important;
  color: white !important;
}
morat

Post by morat »

Try pasting Frank's entry above the namespace line.

Also make sure there are no odd characters in the file.

Unicode code converter
http://r12a.github.io/app-conversion/

Other thread: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3074313
cpcnw

Post by cpcnw »

Bingo! That worked! Sorry for posting twice on same issue - just getting frustrated! If a mod can move to the Calendar section that might help others!
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Hmm.
cpcnw wrote:Bingo! That worked! Sorry for posting twice on same issue - just getting frustrated! If a mod can move to the Calendar section that might help others!
I reckon this thread may well help other SM users to get started with .css, but maybe ask all other Calender related questions on the other thread. Apart from anything else, I don't actually use the Lightning extension.

You'll be fine with morat, they are one of the best there is with .css and other stuff.
cpcnw

Post by cpcnw »

Cheers Frank - appreciate the help :)