send email failure

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
jefryclair

send email failure

Post by jefryclair »

using seamonkey mail the exact error box reads;
"The size of the message you are trying to send exceeds a temporary size limit of the server. The message was not sent; try to reduce the message size or wait some time and try again. The server responded: 4.7.1 <unknown[50.39.249.203]>: Client host rejected: 50.39.249.203 exceeded hourly recipients threshold..", 'ok' is the only way out.
but size of the message is nil, consists of simple address, subject line and simple text body (no html), no attachments and doesn't matter who is recipient re;"client host rejected.." part of error message either, tried.
problem started as occasional last week, now apparently permanent, so natch i talked to my provider (is my providers IP in "<unknown[50.39.249.203]>") thinking they had a flag on me all of a sudden, "exceeded hourly recipients threshold" is a spammer prevention response.
but they don't, and since i can send w/ no problem on their webmail interface they're punting, ain't their problem.
they suggested changing my password maybe, i haven't tried that yet, multiple apps to change if so. . .
all my app sending port and security settings are correct according to them, which i've tried varying anyway and do get varied errors from, so ain't it.
a general search for my error message produced "4.1.1" as a server response remarkably similar in mozilla support, but offers no applicable solutions.
so, any help here?
TIA
](*,)
Peter Creasey

Re: send email failure

Post by Peter Creasey »

What happens if you send the same message using SM but through another email processor e.g. instead of yahoo, say, with gmail?
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
jefryclair

Post by jefryclair »

well i tried sending an email from my phone, same outgoing server, which at first didn't work either, but then one went thru...
ALL webmail works fine too like i said, not sure what you mean, if i use my gmail account in SM mail to send anything it goes through the same server, or does not as it is.
i can add another outgoing server i suppose, will try.
ok, works, sends thru gmail smtp when i made it default.
not sure if this problem is app side or not now.. . .
Peter Creasey

Post by Peter Creasey »

Yes, that was my point. If SM fails with multiple email providers e.g. yahoo and gmail, then that is important to know. If SM succeeds with one of them, then you are better informed as to where to look for the problem.
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
jefryclair

Post by jefryclair »

got ya, right now i'm thinking i'll do what i did last time an account in my app started acting up differently, delete and add it back, that way i'll know for sure if it's the app choking on it or i go back to the ISP again.