seamonkey says website offline when it's not

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
rolfp

seamonkey says website offline when it's not

Post by rolfp »

At least this one: https://www.bizpacreview.com/
Most I get is:
This website www.bizpacreview.com/ is currently offline. Cloudflare's Always Online™ shows a snapshot of this web page from the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine. To check for the live version, click Refresh.
Refresh gives same result.
I notice it's typically slow to load but load it does, every time, in chrome.

I've cleared cache to no effect. I restart with add-ons disabled from the Help menu but behavior does not change.

I've only recently been visiting this site but the seamonkey behavior is the same across, at least, the last two versions. I install seamonkey by removing the old installation and unpacking the 64-bit linux tarball from seamonkey-project.org into /usr/local.

SeaMonkey: version 2.53.8.1

You are currently on the release update channel.
See a list of contributors to the Mozilla Project.
Read the licensing information for this product.
Read the release notes for this version.
See the build configuration used for this version.
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.8.1
Build identifier: 20210717195939

Distro is 64-bit Linux Mageia 8

Thanks.
therube

Re: seamonkey says website offline when it's not

Post by therube »

Looks to be a useragent issue.
Set up a site specific UA for that site & it then doesn't look to complain.

This looked to work. (Adjust as you want for Linux.)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:90.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/90.0
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
rolfp

Post by rolfp »

You must have put the "Fear of therube" in bizpacreview. When I read your post, I re-visited the link and it opened. :P
However, subsequent trials opening links from seamonkey or thunderbird mail have reverted to the old behavior.
I'm not adept at user agent switcher but tried downloading a fresh list, last done 4 years ago, and found the newest one at the download site linked from the app is just about as old. Couldn't figure out something equivalent to the agent you posted. Behavior might be intermittent.
Hold on, I just chose an "elite" windows/chrome combination that is repeatedly working on that site and that should show up in the footer. Hope it doesn't foul up other sites, don't see a per-site setting in my app, not putting much energy into UA Switcher, like I say.
Anyway, thanks a lot therube, can always count on you!
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

This is what I got when I tried that link:
"There is an unknown connection issue between Cloudflare and the origin web server. As a result, the web page can not be displayed."
rolfp

Post by rolfp »

Yeah, my seamonkey displayed a message like that, also.
ndebord

Post by ndebord »

therube wrote:Looks to be a useragent issue.
Set up a site specific UA for that site & it then doesn't look to complain.

This looked to work. (Adjust as you want for Linux.)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:90.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/90.0
therube,

FWIW, I can access it with no problems in windows.

Nick
-N- Si vis pacem, para bellum
FrameWork, SeaMonkey(64-bit),Windows 10 Pro (X64- 21H2), WinPatrol, Malwarebytes & Panda Dome
therube

Post by therube »

I can access it with no problems in windows
Actually, I can too - now*.

What happens now, is that I get, Error 520: web server returns an unknown error - for a moment, then it automatically does load the site. (It wasn't doing that the other day.)

I saw something similar on my brothers computer (he was wireless & he uses Chrome).
The site - in this case, any site, may (or may not) have displayed a similar type of message & may or may not have gone on to actually load [in Chrome]. (Many times not.)

When I fired up SeaMonkey, the same also occurred, but with SeaMonkey (or FF), when a site failed to load, it simply flat out failed - as in, the site would not ever (after some time) automatically load (like it might have done in Chrome.)

I then disconnected wireless & plugged him in, & the problem went away. So his issues seems to be with wireless.
I came across this, which I might take a look at at some point.:
"Fix Wi-Fi connection issues in Windows"
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... 07eee84d2c

(I am only wired.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript