[SOLVED] Instacart now doesn't work at all

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
LinuxUserSince1991

[SOLVED] Instacart now doesn't work at all

Post by LinuxUserSince1991 »

Starting a few weeks ago, Instacart began acting flaky. I'd access the site and it would start to load, then it would just go blank and display an empty white page. However, checking its source, it should have been displaying a regular, full page as expected. A 'reload' or two (or three) would fix it.

Not any more. Now, I'm just stuck with an empty page no matter what link I use to access Instacart, e.g., the home page or a link from my history within a certain store, like Sprouts, or how many times I reload, or how many times I delete its cookies/cache. Just NOTHING.

Thoughts on this? I believe I'm current, and my user agent string has not changed:
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.9
Last edited by LinuxUserSince1991 on September 27th, 2021, 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DanRaisch

Re: Instacart now doesn't work at all

Post by DanRaisch »

Does the same thing occur if you launch the application in Mozilla Troubleshooting Mode? https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/di ... shoot-mode
ndebord

Post by ndebord »

LinuxUserSince1991 wrote:Starting a few weeks ago, Instacart began acting flaky. I'd access the site and it would start to load, then it would just go blank and display an empty white page. However, checking its source, it should have been displaying a regular, full page as expected. A 'reload' or two (or three) would fix it.

Not any more. Now, I'm just stuck with an empty page no matter what link I use to access Instacart, e.g., the home page or a link from my history within a certain store, like Sprouts, or how many times I reload, or how many times I delete its cookies/cache. Just NOTHING.

Thoughts on this? I believe I'm current, and my user agent string has not changed:
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.9
LinuxUser,

Checked it using Windows. Using the status bar, I see the site hang when I access delivery or pickup at any of the stores they work with.

maps dot googleapis dot com

The above never finishes loading. I do not have an account with them, but I can access their website using SM and can get a list of stores, but when I click on one, that is when I run into a problem.

Nick
-N- Si vis pacem, para bellum
FrameWork, SeaMonkey(64-bit),Windows 10 Pro (X64- 21H2), WinPatrol, Malwarebytes & Panda Dome
LinuxUserSince1991

DanRaisch wrote:Does the same thing occur if you launch the application in Mozilla Troubleshooting Mode? https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/di ... shoot-mode
No, I haven't tried that. Yet.
ndebord wrote:Checked it using Windows. Using the status bar, I see the site hang when I access delivery or pickup at any of the stores they work with.

maps dot googleapis dot com

The above never finishes loading. I do not have an account with them, but I can access their website using SM and can get a list of stores, but when I click on one, that is when I run into a problem.
Interesting. I've been using Instacart since its inception, and never had a problem until recently. Maybe it's actually at their end!
LinuxUserSince1991

Well, I think this problem is resolved. How did I fix it?

I installed a new hard drive. (The two were completely unrelated, i.e., SM not working with IC had nothing to do with my getting a new drive.)

Then I copied in all my stuff from the old drive, including SM and my profile, and just like that IC now works fine on SM. If it acts up again, I'll update this thread.