Missing Trash Folder

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
wpr

Missing Trash Folder

Post by wpr »

Windows 10 64-bit.

I have three IMAP accounts set up and only one of them is not showing the Trash folder. If I attempt to create it, SM tells me it already exists. How can I get this folder to appear?

Thanks for any help.
TPR75

Re: Missing Trash Folder

Post by TPR75 »

wpr wrote:I have three IMAP accounts set up and only one of them is not showing the Trash folder. If I attempt to create it, SM tells me it already exists. How can I get this folder to appear?
In Folder Pane click RMB on (IMAP) account's name and then click LMB on "Subscribe":

In new small window you should see which folders are subscribed. Look for "Trash" folder and check its subscription status.
--
wpr

Post by wpr »

Thank you for your reply.

In following your notes, both the Trash and INBOX folders are not checked, though there is an Inbox folder that appears in the account's folders (though it does not appear in the list of folders). For the Trash folder, selecting Subscribe, changes the dot to check mark; selecting Refresh changes it back to the dot.

Any further ideas?
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

wpr wrote:For the Trash folder, selecting Subscribe, changes the dot to check mark; selecting Refresh changes it back to the dot.

Any further ideas?
Don't click "Refresh", just "OK". Maybe restart of SeaMonkey is required.
--
wpr

Post by wpr »

I clicked Subscribe, then OK, and the Trash folder appeared. Just to be sure, I closed SM and reopened, and it's still there. Thanks so much for your insight into this.

If I may ask, all three of my accounts have an Inbox in the messages window, with messages in those folders, yet, in the Subscribe box those folders (Inbox) are not shown, but INBOX folders are shown for each account, though each is not subscribed. I'm certainly not going to change anything there, just curious why this shows as it does.

Thanks again for your help.