Export of Address Book to CSV has a loop / reiterate bug

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
mdlueck

Export of Address Book to CSV has a loop / reiterate bug

Post by mdlueck »

Greetings,

For the past several releases of SeaMonkey x64 on Linux, it has had a bug that it loops / reiterates when exporting the Address Book to a CSV file.

The first export is a dudd... too small of a file, no addresses exported.
Note added here: Only the header row is written to the export file the first time, 427 bytes.

If I save to the same CSV file, it warns "do I really want to over write?", I say Yes, and then it properly exports... only the export UI loops a third time, pops the Save As dialog box... which I cancel out of.

Annoying...

I am thankful,
Michael
Last edited by mdlueck on October 30th, 2021, 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
frg

Re: Export of Address Book to CSV has a loop / reiterate bug

Post by frg »

I am able to export my colleced addresses under Linux x64. I suspect it is a problem with a specific address. Maybe Umlauts or accented characters. Could you open the error or browser console if you see and error during the export.

Didn't find any open bugs. The last one was closed some time ago: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1246897

FRG
mdlueck

Post by mdlueck »

Greetings FRG,

I went to the SeaMonkey browser, opened the Error Console from there, cleared the prior events.

Closed the SM browser window, so only mail and the error console SM windows were open.

Opened the SM AB, performed the export steps mentioned in my OP. No errors while performing the expert steps.

Good idea.

I am thankful,
Michael
frg

Post by frg »

Bummer. It is not a general problem. If you are able to reproduce it in a test profile with some non confidential data I can look at it.