Pages not loading correctly

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
izablue

Pages not loading correctly

Post by izablue »

I am using SM 2.48: the pages listed below do not load correctly.

!. https://imgur.com/iMj2Syp This page should show a picture of a small printed circuit board - with other stuff on the right hand side.

2. https://www.marketindex.com.au/asx/bhp/advanced-chart This page should show a candlestick chart with mouse controlled cross hairs.

As a test I have installed 2.53.9.1 and it exhibits the same problems.

As a further test I have installed Firefox and the pages load correctly.

Is there a simple fix?
Peter Creasey

Re: Pages not loading correctly

Post by Peter Creasey »

The first one loads a black screen for me. The second one appears to load just fine.
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
therube

Post by therube »

Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
frg

Post by frg »

If you run an ancient 2.48 I wouldn't complain about compatibility problems...

Imgur needs the resize observer api only added to recent SeaMonkey versions. The new beta now needs webauthentication. Setting security.webauth.webauthn to true make pages load for me but not recommended for turning it on generally. Still needs a few backports.

I have switched to https://imgbb.com/ for image sharing and hope that they resist to remodel the site every 3 months and add more unneeded junk.

FRG
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

frg wrote:Imgur needs the resize observer api only added to recent SeaMonkey versions.
Just checked and it wasn't working in latest 2.53.11... in old test profile. In new profile with default setting ("acept all/anything/everything") this website works. Looks like Imgur.com is ads heavy and requires cookies acceptance not only for main domain. I'll pass... 8-[
--
izablue

Post by izablue »

Peter Creasey wrote: The second one appears to load just fine.
With the mouse controlled cross hairs? If yes, which version of SM are you using?
trevoz

Post by trevoz »

izablue wrote:
Peter Creasey wrote: The second one appears to load just fine.
With the mouse controlled cross hairs? If yes, which version of SM are you using?
I have the mouse-controlled cross hairs, the only oddity is that the graph above the bar chart at the bottom disappears if I put the cross hair on any part of the graph. So long as I don't touch the graph with the cross hairs all good. See below for SM version and OS.
izablue

Post by izablue »

So there is an issue with SM 2.53.9.1 as well. Using it I get the candlestick chart but no mouse controlled cross hairs - only a circular spot - and if I move the spot the chart disappears ...
iFix

Post by iFix »

izablue wrote:Is there a simple fix?
Experiencing a similar problem with this site I use very frequently: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/index.html

After opening a tab or two SM slows right down; What code are they using ?

Blank profile/ Safe Mode doesn't seem to help, UA; Edge, Firefox etc no better.

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.9.1
iFix
"the farmer in the great heartland, corporate greed and chemicals are killin' the land" {Neil Young - greendale 2003}
ndebord

Post by ndebord »

It works in Firefox and MS Edge Dev, so it is just one of those pages. I have extensions for both on the main toolbar.
-N- Si vis pacem, para bellum
FrameWork, SeaMonkey(64-bit),Windows 10 Pro (X64- 21H2), WinPatrol, Malwarebytes & Panda Dome
therube

Post by therube »

Cisco simply fails to render properly.
Use something else.

(Pale Moon fails there too.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript