Facebook Problem Is Now Worse!

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
gheth54

Facebook Problem Is Now Worse!

Post by gheth54 »

Afternoon, a month or so ago I and several other users IDed a problem posting and/or answering a post on FB. I found if I first pasted a few characters into the text box, I could type in it and delete the original pasted in letters. Now its gotten worse, if I use the paste in workaround it lets me type, but then totally locks up my computer. I can't even access the "Linux Task Manager" to close SeaMonkey, the only way of regaining control is to power down the machine and reboot.

This has been an issue for several months now, does the SeaMonkey team intend to address this problem?
ElTxolo

Re: Facebook Problem Is Now Worse!

Post by ElTxolo »

gheth54 wrote:Afternoon, a month or so ago I and several other users IDed a problem posting and/or answering a post on FB. I found if I first pasted a few characters into the text box, I could type in it and delete the original pasted in letters. Now its gotten worse, if I use the paste in workaround it lets me type, but then totally locks up my computer. I can't even access the "Linux Task Manager" to close SeaMonkey, the only way of regaining control is to power down the machine and reboot.
[....]
  • Image Again, with this crappy 'feisbuk' story ...?
  • [Locked] - Facebook Problem Image

Nobody cares if you CAN'T post your comments, on that crappy social network, for the sheeple of the world. Image

So, stop mess around with this crap. And use a browser recommended/approved (Chrome/Chromium, Firefox or Safari) by the 'feisbuk' sheeple ....

How to Ask Questions The Smart Way - How to Report Bugs Effectively ;)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240318 SeaMonkey/2.53.18.2
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240416 SeaMonkey/2.53.19 :lildevil:

~
LIMPET235

Re: Facebook Problem Is Now Worse!

Post by LIMPET235 »

Locking this as it's already been answered.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)