Concurrent smtp servers

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
deesal

Concurrent smtp servers

Post by deesal »

I am running SeaMonkey on my Mac and bringing in mail for 5 accounts [all office365 accounts]... and immediately forwarding 90% of the mail onwards. I am running into trouble on two fronts. Two accounts don't auto receive mail and I am getting a concurrent login error.

When checking these automatically [every 10 min] 3 accounts get checked fine however 2 don't get checked for new mail, the same 2 each time...even though the options are set identically for all 5 accounts.

I think it has something to do with all 5 accounts concurrently checking/ sending mail as I occasionally get an error describing this...normally the error pops up once i have manually received mail and SeaMonkey attempting to forward them on.

I note through investigating that Thunderbird allows you to set a max number of concurrent logins, but i cant see where to set this in SM...any help would be great. I saw something about a regedit, but unsure on a mac where to begin with that!

Alternatively would it help to use other alternative servers is available...my choices at the moment are outlook.office.com for inbound and smtp.office365.com outbound, but Im not sure if its an inbound or outbound issue.

I did have all 5 accounts running on thunderbird, with 1 occasionally falling over, but was unaware of the settings available before making the move to SeaMonkey. Given TB is unsupported i thought moving to SM was a good idea.