Can't comment or message on Facebook

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
machine3

Can't comment or message on Facebook

Post by machine3 »

I haven’t been able to comment on Facebook post since 2.53.10. Today I upgraded to 2.53.10.2. Now I can’t comment on Facebook or type in FB messenger either.
machine3

Re: Can't comment or message on Facebook

Post by machine3 »

After playing around I found that if I paste something, anything, I used a period (.) into either a comment box or FB messenger chat box I can then type like normal. But that is the only way that I can do it other then type the whole sentence that I want to type in Texedit/Word or any other program and copy and paste it into the place I want it.
ndebord

Post by ndebord »

machine3 wrote:After playing around I found that if I paste something, anything, I used a period (.) into either a comment box or FB messenger chat box I can then type like normal. But that is the only way that I can do it other then type the whole sentence that I want to type in Texedit/Word or any other program and copy and paste it into the place I want it.
machine3,

There are posts and a bug report on this problem with Facebook. Your solution is the best one that has been found to work over time so far. In my use, when I wish to answer someone there, I type my response in notepad, then copy and post. Once posted, I can add additional comments by typing them in directly. A kludge for sure.

Nick
-N- Si vis pacem, para bellum
FrameWork, SeaMonkey(64-bit),Windows 10 Pro (X64- 21H2), WinPatrol, Malwarebytes & Panda Dome
machine3

Post by machine3 »

ndebord wrote:
machine3 wrote:After playing around I found that if I paste something, anything, I used a period (.) into either a comment box or FB messenger chat box I can then type like normal. But that is the only way that I can do it other then type the whole sentence that I want to type in Texedit/Word or any other program and copy and paste it into the place I want it.
machine3,

There are posts and a bug report on this problem with Facebook. Your solution is the best one that has been found to work over time so far. In my use, when I wish to answer someone there, I type my response in notepad, then copy and post. Once posted, I can add additional comments by typing them in directly. A kludge for sure.

Nick

As of today 5/1/22 I can no longer type anything into facebook, not even using the work around that worked for me earlier. I can only paste into it