Unable to get full screen during videos

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
shakushinnen

Unable to get full screen during videos

Post by shakushinnen »

Hi,
I'm finding that when I click on the full screen icon, the video size doesn't change. What does happen though, is that all off the menus at the top of the page disappear, leaving only the video visible.
It's happens all of the time. It may be associated with the upgrade to 2.53.11.1, I don't know.
Here's a page that it happens on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkP5KiCS9fE
Any help is appreciated.
.... john
P.S. I've also noticed that the text below the video does not show up, neither before, nor after attempting to go to full screen.
Frank Lion

Re: Unable to get full screen during videos

Post by Frank Lion »

shakushinnen wrote:Here's a page that it happens on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkP5KiCS9fE
Before we go through the usual troubleshooting stuff, my spidey senses tell me that if you go to Edit>Prefs>Adv>Https Networking and set the UA there back to the default setting to show both Firefox and SM, then you might be done and your problem fixed.

If not, we'll do the t/s stuff.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Peter Creasey

Post by Peter Creasey »

Frank Lion wrote: go to Edit>Prefs>Adv>Https Networking and set the UA there back to the default setting to show both Firefox and SM, then you might be done and your problem fixed.
My default (?) setting is "SeaMonkey". Should it be set to "SeaMonkey with FireFox compatibility"?
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
ElTxolo

Post by ElTxolo »

Peter Creasey wrote: [....] My default (?) setting is "SeaMonkey". Should it be set to "SeaMonkey with FireFox compatibility"?
  • In your specific case, that doesn't matter at all. :shock:

Since, I don't know why you use by default and constantly general.useragent.override with this value:

Code: Select all

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:78.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/78.0
    When you have been recommended , (on numerous occasions) to use site specific override (....)
    shakushinnen wrote: I'm finding that when I click on the full screen icon, the video size doesn't change. What does happen though, is that all off the menus at the top of the page disappear, leaving only the video visible.
    It's happens all of the time. It may be associated with the upgrade to 2.53.11.1, I don't know.
    Here's a page that it happens on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkP5KiCS9fE
    Any help is appreciated.
    I have no problem watching that video you comment on.
    Both in full screen, and default size. And I see perfectly, the attached comments.

I'm using GNU/Linux. Specifically SparkyLinux (debian testing)

Cheers!! Image
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way - How to Report Bugs Effectively ;)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240318 SeaMonkey/2.53.18.2
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240416 SeaMonkey/2.53.19 :lildevil:

~
Peter Creasey

Post by Peter Creasey »

ElTxolo wrote: I don't know why you use by default and constantly general.useragent.override with this value:

Code: Select all

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:78.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/78.0
When you have been recommended , (on numerous occasions) to use site specific override
I must have missed something. I thought I am using what is recommended. Wouldn't site specific overrides be a long list of overrides? And determining which specific ones to use would be a problem. The specific site overrides option gets onerous deploying on multiple PCs.

Your follow up advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
shakushinnen

Post by shakushinnen »

Hi Frank,
Beautiful! You're a bloody magician :wink:
I set it to Firefox about a week ago, when I was having trouble accessing some page that told me I would have to change to Firefox, or dada, dada, dada, if I wanted to view their site. I don't even recall now whether it worked or not.
Thanks,
..... john
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

shakushinnen wrote:Hi Frank,
Thanks,
..... john
You're welcome.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)