Suddenly stopped working when contributing to IMDb

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
LinuxUserSince1991

Suddenly stopped working when contributing to IMDb

Post by LinuxUserSince1991 »

I'm a regular contributor on IMDb; my most recent previous submission was about a week ago. Yesterday, I attempted to submit something and it failed. If you're familiar with the submission process, you know that there are multiple steps leading up to ultimately submitting your entry. All of the first steps work fine; pressing each page's button to move on to the next step/page works as usual. It's the ultimate submission process that fails. Pressing the 'submit' button just does nothing. I also cannot 'save for later' as I normally can--its button also just does nothing. Well, that's not exactly correct--pressing either button takes me to the top of the page; there I'll find another 'submit' button along with a summary of the submissions to be processed. Pressing that 'submit' button also does nothing.

Need I mention that it worked flawlessly with another browser?

I tried submissions on multiple different titles, all with the same result. If you're an IMDb contributor, just get logged in and then go to any TV show or movie and attempt to do a submission, such as a goof or trivia. Does it work?

FWIW, I've cleared SM's cache and cookies, closed and restarted SM...didn't help.
LinuxUserSince1991

Re: Suddenly stopped working when contributing to IMDb

Post by LinuxUserSince1991 »

I'm surprised no one has commented. Surely I'm not the only IMDb contributor here.

This is a real pain! I have a certain flow to how I add data to IMDb--and, of course, it's all set up in SM. But now I have to use FF and I don't like it at all. I mean I don't like having to use FF, not that I dislike FF itself. Hope that makes sense! I haven't yet, and really don't want to, recreate everything in FF that I have for IMDb on SM...but it's coming down to that.
therube

Re: Suddenly stopped working when contributing to IMDb

Post by therube »

As a test, create a new, clean Profile - make no changes.

If that still doesn't work, download seamonkey-2.53.14b1pre & test with that.
You can download the zip, extract its' contents, then do something like:
seamonkey -profile PROFILE
(which will create a Profile named PROFILE within the directory you extracted the zip into)

If that doesn't work, then have to assume it's some wonderful (i.e. Google based) change IMDB made.
And if so, your alternative is...
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript