seamonkey won't login to xfinity account (Linux)

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
finn111

seamonkey won't login to xfinity account (Linux)

Post by finn111 »

I have version 2.53.12 64 bit and seamonkey won't login to my xfinity account. Part of the page wont display. The part were login is displayed. I must use Edge to login now. I have several issues similar with other web sites and they work with Edge. I am encountering this more and more issues using seamonkey. Is this caused by an outdated Gecko version. I have been noticing more and more issues that are resolved by using Edge.

I also noticed the some files fail to download. I have been having issues downloading files from Judicial Watch and it works fine with Edge. As a side note I noticed that 2.49.5.xx was having random odd problems like this and 2.53.5xx fix those at least for a while. I wonder if 2.57.xx will resolved these issues?

I have been having issues from random sites and playing videos so I switched to 64 bit but nothing was resolved.

I also have issues with the Comments at random sites. They don't display and using Edge resolves it. one site is https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/ other sites sometimes recycling several times will get it to display comments.

Finally drilling down comments such as at Newsmax.com causes the browser to slow down until it freezes. Sometimes just going down 1 page whacks it hard.

add to list cannot login into account at https://www.heraldmailmedia.com/ edge works fine.
Last edited by DanRaisch on September 18th, 2022, 12:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: (Linux) added to subject line.
DanRaisch

Re: seamonkey won't login to xfinity account

Post by DanRaisch »

Try clearing the browser cache and deleting any cookies relating to those problem sites. The close and restart SeaMonkey.
v_v

Post by v_v »

finn111,

I could not get " https://login.xfinity.com/login " to load correctly and I tried creating a few user agent overrides (up to Firefox 99.0) with no success. There appears to be a script running on that page that does not like SeaMonkey.

v_v
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

In my SeaMonkey with no extensions installed on Fedora 35 Workstation, it also doesn't display the login page correctly.

There is no field for my ID or a Let's Go button to click to get to the enter password page.
Sorry, don't know what the solution might be for that issue.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
frg

Post by frg »

Google web components + a ton if trackers, third party js for ads and unknown stuff and dynamic imports. Totally forked up site. Won't work.

FRG
finn111

Post by finn111 »

DanRaisch wrote:Try clearing the browser cache and deleting any cookies relating to those problem sites. The close and restart SeaMonkey.
I cleared cache and history no luck. I see others have the same problem so it's a seamonkey issue.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

finn111 wrote:I cleared cache and history no luck. I see others have the same problem so it's a seamonkey issue.
I cleared cache and history no luck. I see others have the same problem so it's a seamonkey issue.
Or maybe only partly.
Beach71

Post by Beach71 »

I also tried to log into Comcast, same address. It did not work. Same missing page area.
Firefox 91.13.0esr 64 bit does work.

fpl.com also does not work.
therube

Re: seamonkey won't login to xfinity account (Linux)

Post by therube »

fpl.com also does not work
Just logged in, no issues.
(Had to disable ad blocker first [for the page to display properly].)

Logged in here, https://www.fpl.com/
And account summary displays here, https://www.fpl.com/my-account/account- ... untSummary
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Beach71

Re: seamonkey won't login to xfinity account (Linux)

Post by Beach71 »

After allowing some some cookies were enabled. I was able to login and view my bill summary. Not everything on the site works properly for me.

Now for Comcast.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

finn111 wrote:I see others have the same problem so it's a seamonkey issue.
Thanks for reporting and until it (may) get fixed then this is your best bet -
finn111 wrote: I have been noticing more and more issues that are resolved by using Edge.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)