Scripting incompatibilities

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Rob_S

Scripting incompatibilities

Post by Rob_S »

Is the seamonkey scripting language fixed to some old version and not being updated???

I have used seamonkey for years and find I can still get into most websites I need to use, and get around any browser sniffing issues.

What is really causing most of my problems these days is related to incompatible scripting where Seamonky fails to render links within the page that rely on scripts.

These links work correctly in Edge, so I find myself more and more having to switch to edge to get all the information a website provides.

The latest is RBCDS.com, where the link to see the details of a stock fails in seamonkey. This may be hard to confirm unless somebody has an account there.

Is any work being done to the scripting, or are we somehow locked into what came with 2.53 from the start?
LinuxUserSince1991

Re: Scripting incompatibilities

Post by LinuxUserSince1991 »

I don't know if this is related to your issue, but I'd like to add an ongoing problem I have with American Express that may be.

Once I'm logged in, hovering over a link will clue me in as to whether it will work or do the problem behavior instead. An example: I'm on my preferred card's home page and I click 'Account Services,' then hover over the choices in the top row, such as 'Edit Home Address' or 'Check Spending Power.' If no URL shows up, I know the problem behavior will happen, i.e., it spawns a new tab with a feedback form, asking if the feedback is primarily related to the website. However, if a URL *does* appear when I hover, then the correct behavior happens, i.e., the 'check spending power' form appears. It's like that across the website, if hovering over a link reveals a URL, the link will work correctly; if it doesn't, it will spawn a new tab with a feedback form.

Sometimes--but not always--reloading the page will 'fix' the problem.

As always, other browsers work correctly across the board.
Peter Creasey

Re: Scripting incompatibilities

Post by Peter Creasey »

I am frequently getting the popup with SeaMonkey about a script "apparently" causing trouble and the site won't work properly. I have to switch to another browser.
. . . . . . . . . . Pete