Force system theme for buttons/forms/input/select etc?

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Lef

Force system theme for buttons/forms/input/select etc?

Post by Lef »

I would like to force websites to use the system theme for buttons/forms/input/select/textarea/option, etc. Yes I know this can sometimes cause css breakage.

Using userContent.css sometimes works, but initial/unset does not always do the same thing as disabling a css rule using Inspect Element.

I looked in about:config and didn't see any options.

Thanks all
Lef

Re: Force system theme for buttons/forms/input/select etc?

Post by Lef »

I ended up finding it.
If one goes to:
resource://gre-resources/forms.css
They can see the default css for forms, buttons, etc. Use enough of these with !important in userContent.css and the user input will match the system, for better or worse.
LinuxUserSince1991

Re: Force system theme for buttons/forms/input/select etc?

Post by LinuxUserSince1991 »

Lef wrote:I ended up finding it.
If one goes to:
resource://gre-resources/forms.css
They can see the default css for forms, buttons, etc. Use enough of these with !important in userContent.css and the user input will match the system, for better or worse.
This is a great find. Thanks for posting!

I control much of SM's look via Kubuntu's GTK application settings, but there are many other things I'd like to change and this should do it.

BTW, clicking on the link did not work; I had to paste resource:gre-resources/forms.css into SM and then it opened the page and changed the URL back to resource://gre-resources/forms.css. Just a heads-up in case anyone gets stopped by that.