Email link focus SM 2.53.12

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
L.A.R. Grizzly

Email link focus SM 2.53.12

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

New install of SM 2.53.12. While in SM Mail, is there a way to have SM focus on a clicked email link in the browser? When using Firefox or Pale Moon, clicking on a link in Thunderbird opens the link in the system default browser. SeaMonkey's browser goes to the clicked link, but the focus stays on the mail window.
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.2, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.9.1esr, Thunderbird 115.9.0, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18.2
LinuxUserSince1991

Re: Email link focus SM 2.53.12

Post by LinuxUserSince1991 »

L.A.R. Grizzly wrote:New install of SM 2.53.12. While in SM Mail, is there a way to have SM focus on a clicked email link in the browser? When using Firefox or Pale Moon, clicking on a link in Thunderbird opens the link in the system default browser. SeaMonkey's browser goes to the clicked link, but the focus stays on the mail window.
Mine goes to the clicked link, in a new tab. From SM's browser, look under Edit | Preferences | Browser | Tabbed Browsing and adjust the following options:

- Switch to new tabs opened from links
- Switch to new tabs opened from diverted links
- Focus browser window for links opened in tabs from other applications

Does that help? You may need to close and restart SM first.
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

LinuxUserSince1991 wrote:Mine goes to the clicked link, in a new tab. From SM's browser, look under Edit | Preferences | Browser | Tabbed Browsing and adjust the following options:
Thanks, you're a champ! I had the first two checked. I checked - Focus browser window for links opened in tabs from other applications and I'm happy now. Didn't need to restart SM. =D>
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.2, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.9.1esr, Thunderbird 115.9.0, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18.2
LinuxUserSince1991

Post by LinuxUserSince1991 »

L.A.R. Grizzly wrote:
LinuxUserSince1991 wrote:Mine goes to the clicked link, in a new tab. From SM's browser, look under Edit | Preferences | Browser | Tabbed Browsing and adjust the following options:
Thanks, you're a champ! I had the first two checked. I checked - Focus browser window for links opened in tabs from other applications and I'm happy now. Didn't need to restart SM. =D>
Excellent!! I'm glad it worked. :)