Multiple gmx email accounts, problems sending, standard acco

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
crapcbm

Multiple gmx email accounts, problems sending, standard acco

Post by crapcbm »

Hi

as English is not my native language, please bear with me.

I have installed Seamonkey in the latest version as "portable app".
Before I used Thunderbird, what's very is similar, but that is too much power hungry and I need a program that doesnÄt need so much power, so Seamonkey is a good choice.

But I have this Problem:

I have 6 GMX Email accounts and want to use them in the Seamonkey now.
I was able to setup all the accounts, was able to download the emails, copying the old emails from TB, that's ok.

But when I want to send an email, I have to manually change the standard outgoing server-

If I don't do this, I get this error message:
Fehler beim Senden der Nachricht. Der Mail-Server antwortete: Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable
Sender address is not allowed.. Bitte überprüfen Sie, ob Ihre E-Mail-Adresse in den Mail-Einstellungen stimmt, und wiederholen Sie den Vorgang.
Google Translate:
Error sending message. The mail server replied: Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable
Sender address is not allowed.. Please check if your email address is correct in the mail settings and try again.

To create the send folder, so I was able to copy the old emails from TB to this send folder, I had to send an email to another account.
While I did this, I had to manually create a outgoing server for these accounts and set it as standard for each account I want to send a mail.
If I don't change the standard outgoing server to the account I want to send a mail, I get the error message.

I don't know this behavior from TB.

What can I do to fix this?

Thanks,
Andy
hardys

Re: Multiple gmx email accounts, problems sending, standard

Post by hardys »

Hast du die Accounts als POP oder Imap erstellt?
Bei Imap verbleiben die Mails auf dem Server und du brauchst normalerweise nichts von Thunderbird zu kopieren.

Du musst für jede GMX Adresse einen eigenen Account erstellen und darin dann den SMTP Server mit den Account spezifischen Zugangsdaten befüllen, sodass jedes Postfach seine eigenen SMTP Zugangsdaten hat.

Die Einstellungen findest du, wenn du die einzelnen Accounts in der linken Spalte markierst und dann in der rechten Spalte auf "Account Einstellungen ansehen" klickst.
Den SMTP Server findest du dann in dem sich öffnenden Fenster unten "Ausgehender Server (SMTP)"
Wenn du 6 Accounts eingerichtet hast, solltest du jetzt hier 6 SMTP Server zur Auswahl finden.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Oder auf Englisch:

Did you create the accounts as POP or Imap?
With imap, the mail stays on the server and you usually don't need to copy anything from Thunderbird.

You have to create a separate account for each GMX address and then fill the SMTP server with the account-specific access data so that each mailbox has its own SMTP access data.

You can find the settings if you mark the individual accounts in the left column and then click on "View account settings" in the right column.
You will then find the SMTP server in the window that opens below "Outgoing Server (SMTP)"
If you have set up 6 accounts, you should now find 6 SMTP servers to choose from here.
crapcbm

Post by crapcbm »

aaah... I found it. Thank you!!!
hardys

Post by hardys »

You're welcome :)