CAN'T OPEN SM (Mac)

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
wwe

CAN'T OPEN SM (Mac)

Post by wwe »

Hi

Need your help. I have an iMac CATALINA 10.15.7. Have been on the phone with Apple as I needed help in making the computer run faster. I just set the PRAM and now when I open SM I can't get to my e mail. I think this has happened before but I forget how to open it again

Thanks
Last edited by DanRaisch on June 9th, 2022, 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: (Mac) added to Subject line.
LinuxUserSince1991

Re: CAN'T OPEN SM

Post by LinuxUserSince1991 »

wwe wrote:Hi

Need your help. I have an iMac CATALINA 10.15.7. Have been on the phone with Apple as I needed help in making the computer run faster. I just set the PRAM and now when I open SM I can't get to my e mail. I think this has happened before but I forget how to open it again
What happens? Just telling us you can't access your e-mail doesn't give us much to work with! :) Please clarify exactly what you do and what happens as a result.

Do you have SM set up to open both the browser and mail client when started?
wwe

Post by wwe »

Sorry I'll try to be more clear. After Apple did a refresh when I go to SM and try to access my e mail the only thing I get is "NEW ACCOUNT SETUP" which I don't want yo do. Is there any way to retrieve my old e mails? I have my incoming / outgoing server etc information. Hope this makes sense

Thanks
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

See if this article is helpful -- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Recovering_a_ ... isappeared
It's possible that the refresh by Apple has caused TB to lose track of the existing profile.
wwe

Re: CAN'T OPEN SM (Mac)

Post by wwe »

Ok Dan I'll try. Thanks.
wwe

Post by wwe »

Sorry I'll try to be more clear. After Apple did a refresh when I go to SM and try to access my e mail the only thing I get is "NEW ACCOUNT SETUP" which I don't want yo do. Is there any way to retrieve my old e mails? I have my incoming / outgoing server etc information. Hope this makes sense

Thanks
wwe

Post by wwe »

Sorry somehow I somehow sent the same message.
wwe

Post by wwe »

Hi

Still trying to figure this out. Just noticed that someone earlier asked me "Do you have SM set up to open both the browser and mail client when started?". The answer is no. How can I do this? Thanks.
Peter Creasey

Post by Peter Creasey »

<Edit><Preferences><Appearance>
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
wwe

Post by wwe »

Thanks but there is no PREFERENCES under EDIT !
wwe

Post by wwe »

I'm still having trouble getting my old e mails back and I really need them. Can anyone be more specific as to how to do this? Thanks a lot
wwe

Post by wwe »

One more thought. Is anyone reading this familiar with Apple's i mac? If so maybe it would be possible to go to TIME MACHINE and find the e mails. I have tried but am not sure where to look. I think it's in the Library but not sure where to find mail plus also bookmarks. Do I try to find my old profile? Do I look for "xbox" files and "inbox" files and where would they be?. Thanks a lot.
Peter Creasey

Post by Peter Creasey »

When in the browser, Preferences is under the Edit tab.
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
wwe

Post by wwe »

Appearances is in Preferences and yes the browser is set to open but that won't solve my problem!
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

wwe wrote:Thanks but there is no PREFERENCES under EDIT !
Preferences is in the menu with the name SeaMonkey with MacOS.