Two questions

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Frank Lion

Re: Two questions

Post by Frank Lion »

ButchZ wrote:Is maybe here somebody who has experimented with special settings etc. for SM which could improve these deficites?
Yep, but you chose to ignore my reply to you above, so you're on your own now.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
ElTxolo

Post by ElTxolo »

ButchZ wrote:So, EITxolo and Bruce, you can confirm that both pages from my post arn't displayed correctly in SeaMonkey?
  • As I said before, (as of today) SeaMonkey does NOT have full support for WebComponents, Polyfills, ServiceWorkers ... etc.

Image And for this reason, these two pages do not work correctly in SeaMonkey.
ButchZ wrote: [....] Is maybe here somebody who has experimented with special settings etc. for SM which could improve these deficites?
  • Nope. So, unfortunately, there is NOT anything you can do, to correctly display those web pages in SeaMonkey. Image

However, as a workaround for DeepL you can do the following:

Go to this web page qwant.com/?q=deepl. You will see that at the top of the page, is available the translator DeepL.
    Which DOES work in SeaMonkey

Cheers !! Image
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way - How to Report Bugs Effectively ;)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240318 SeaMonkey/2.53.18.2
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240412 SeaMonkey/2.53.19 :lildevil:

~
BruceAWittmeier

Post by BruceAWittmeier »

ButchZ wrote:So, EITxolo and Bruce, you can confirm that both pages from my post arn't displayed correctly in SeaMonkey?

Is maybe here somebody who has experimented with special settings etc. for SM which could improve these deficites?
Correct. I do NOT see those labels in SeaMonkey but I do see them in Firefox and Chrome.
I often take a long windy road to my destination. Upon arrival, I wonder how I missed the shortcut.
ButchZ

Post by ButchZ »

Frank Lion wrote:Yep, but you chose to ignore my reply to you above, so you're on your own now.
Sorry, which part of your answer do I ignore?
ElTxolo wrote:Well, you can thank that bunch of lazy/retarded webmasters in charge of those crappy websites (using crappola like Polyfills, WebComponents, ServiceWorkers ... etc).
Just to make sure I understand you: Did you determine from the source code of the two pages that definitely the elements listed above are to blame for the poor rendering in SeaMonkey?

Thank you all for your help and infos!
ButchZ

Post by ButchZ »

ButchZ wrote:Another site: Compare how https://www.deepl.com/translator is displayed in SM and in Edge or Chrome.
Hm ... I visited this site today and it is displayed correctly! Nothing was changed in my SM settings ...

But now I am experimenting with changing the useragent string. Don't you think that this could help in some cases?

The behavior of the page https://www.ikea.com/de/de/search/produ ... terschrank from my first post seams not to be influenced, but now there is an info that I am using an old browser ...

PS: Where to find the "best" or newest useragent string for SM?
therube

Post by therube »

Du verwendest eine ältere Version deines Browsers und siehst unsere Webseite nur eingeschränkt. Bitte aktualisiere deinen Browser um auf alle Funktionen unserer Seite zuzugreifen.
If the page works, functionally works, then just ignore the message.

There is not "best" or "newest".
There may only be UA's that might allow a site to work, or work "better".
(Or a site might not respond to UA changes at all.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript