SM old download stuck in Help menu

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
sunclad

SM old download stuck in Help menu

Post by sunclad »

SM Ver 2.53.13
Windows 10 21H2

I just installed the new version (2.53.13) using the installer and loaded it on top of the previous version (2.23.11). It appears to be working OK. More tests on that to follow. The GUI came up.

However I noticed that in the HELP drop down menu it was saying there was a download awaiting installation. This is showing as 2.53.11. That was the version I was running and which has now been updated to ".13."

This is the second time this has happened to me and I forget how and where to delete this so this does not show up.

Would appreciate a road map.

DMK
therube

Re: SM old download stuck in Help menu

Post by therube »

I just installed the new version (2.53.13) using the installer
So you downloaded that manually, & installed from that download.
HELP drop down menu it was saying there was a download awaiting installation.
Presumably because before your install of the manual download, SeaMonkey saw an update was available (& depending on your settings) downloaded it?

Peruse around %appdata%/Local/Mozilla/updates (& the subdirectories therein) & see if you don't have an update.mar hanging around in there, (perhaps ~45 MB in size, & of recent date). If so delete it.

Restart SeaMonkey & see if Help is "fixed".
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
sunclad

Re: SM old download stuck in Help menu

Post by sunclad »

Found it.

That did the trick. This happened to me a few years ago and I forgot where to look for it.

I renamed the folder and created a new one with the same name and the update went away and was prompting me to check for updates instead in the pull-down menu in the HELP option. Once I was confident I just deleted the old folder with the hanging update.

Thanks again.

DMK