Seamonkey 2.53 on M1 Mac freezes on full screen

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
CescoAiel

Seamonkey 2.53 on M1 Mac freezes on full screen

Post by CescoAiel »

On my wife's M1 MacBook Air SeaMonkey (latest 2.53 as of writing) freezes as soon as you click the 'full screen' button. (Not certain if that is the only thing causing it to freeze yet, but it's a big enough thing in and by itself!)

Already created a new profile and removed, re-downloaded and reinstalled. No change.

Just starting SM and with the standard page open click on the 'full screen' button and you're frozen, before it even actually goes full screen. Firefox (as an example from the same source) works just fine under the same circumstances.
frg

Re: Seamonkey 2.53 on M1 Mac freezes on full screen

Post by frg »

Yes known problem. Does not happen on my mac mini with 10.15 but on the mini M1. I plan to look into it when I find the time. Might need a dedicated arm build and we are not there yet.

FRG
CescoAiel

Post by CescoAiel »

When running it from the command line I get the following error, perhaps it's a starting point:
Assertion failure in -[NSToolbarFullScreenContentView createLayers], NSToolbarFullScreenContentView.m:267

Any ways to work around this so we can at least use it?
CescoAiel

Post by CescoAiel »

(It's probably something between SM and Rosetta, I guess...)
frg

Post by frg »

Not sure. Might be some security stuff or changed behaviour in later versions. Unfortunately my Intel mini mac is no longer support and can't test beyond 10.15.

Can't say I like it but no workaround other than not using it for now.

FRG