SM slow ... about:memory > Free Memory

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
ButchZ

SM slow ... about:memory > Free Memory

Post by ButchZ »

Hi!

Since some time it happens again and again that the pages in my SM are displayed and responding very slowly. (I wonder why there are not more reports of this problem. Maybe there is a worm somewhere in my SM installation. I am using the portable version. Maybe there is something fishy about it...)

Anyway, I have to do the three operations in about:memory (Free memory > GC, CC, Minimize memory usage) several times a day. This helps immediately and effectively, but only briefly, and is of course very annoying.

My question: Is there a way to do such a "free memory" procedure by using a macro? Or another fast and effective way to solve this problem?

B.
DanRaisch

Re: SM slow ... about:memory > Free Memory

Post by DanRaisch »

Does the same thing happen if you launch the application in Mozilla Trouble Shooting Mode? That's menu path Help->Restart with Addons disabled
BenoitRen

Post by BenoitRen »

That sounds a lot like the problem I'm having. Did it also start happening when you installed the last version?
therube

Post by therube »

I have to do the three operations in about:memory (Free memory > GC, CC, Minimize memory usage) several times a day. This helps immediately and effectively, but only briefly
Those steps are not a panacea (as you've found out).

It could be that (particular) sites you are visiting simply don't & won't work well in SeaMonkey.
(Which means, you might need to use a different browser for those particular sites.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript