Gmail doesn't work anymore in mail module

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Ellioz

Gmail doesn't work anymore in mail module

Post by Ellioz »

Greatings,

If I try to fetch emails in the mail module of Seamonkey- with my gmail account, I have following message :

Connection failure from server imap.gmail.com with user name myusername@gmail.com

If I try to give password again, it does'nt work.
If I click on re-try, it doesn't work.

If I go in the settings of my gmail account, it's written in green "IMAP is enabled".

My server settings are imap.gmail.com, port 993, user name is myusername@gmail.com, connection security : SSL/TLS.

I even checked in the hosts file if something could block imap.gmail.com, but no gmail in the hosts file (as I expected).

I also tried to send an email and I had the same failure message (connection failure from server imap.gmail.com with user name myusername@gmail.com)
Settings of outgoing mail in the mail module of SM : smtp.gmail.com, STARTLS, port 587.

So I don't know what caused the problem, and I hope someone can help me. Thanks.
TPR75

Re: Gmail doesn't work anymore in mail module

Post by TPR75 »

Ellioz wrote:If I try to fetch emails in the mail module of Seamonkey- with my gmail account, I have following message :

Connection failure from server imap.gmail.com with user name myusername@gmail.com[...]
OAuth2
--