tracking annoyance

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
lvm

tracking annoyance

Post by lvm »

Sometimes I get "parts of the page that track your online activity were blocked" warning on top of the page. How can I disable this annoyance and make it block silently?
TPR75

Re: tracking annoyance

Post by TPR75 »

lvm wrote:Sometimes I get "parts of the page that track your online activity were blocked" warning on top of the page. How can I disable this annoyance and make it block silently?
Menu -> Edit -> Preferences -> Privacy & Security -> in field "User Tracking" disable option "Warn me when known tracking activities were detected"

Works?
--
Peter Creasey

Post by Peter Creasey »

TPR75 wrote:Menu -> Edit -> Preferences -> Privacy & Security -> in field "User Tracking" disable option "Warn me when known tracking activities were detected"
Thanks for the pictoral details -- very helpful.

Disabling that option seems like a good idea, yes?
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
therube

Post by therube »

Only that if something on the page should happen to break, & it happens to be related to "tracking", you'll no longer be notified that that may have been the issue.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Peter Creasey

Post by Peter Creasey »

Thanks, I have left this option enabled.

What about the option there where website requests more info about my location. Should the "Prompt me for permission if a request is made" option be left enabled?
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

I disabled location services completely. It is not going to happen. I have no need for it, and every site I visit does not need to know the exact spot where I am.