Day One User: How do I white list a website?

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Lakewood Brian

Day One User: How do I white list a website?

Post by Lakewood Brian »

When I click on links that have some sort of tracking function from within emails (using Gmail), the content of the page doesn't display. The title bar loads correctly, the URL displays in the URL window, the background color displays, but the page is blank. I suspect its some sort of anti-tracking feature in SeaMonkey. But sometimes I really want to display the page regardless of being tracked. Is there a way to do this?

​I've searched the help contents and this forum and 'google' and can't find a way to white list websites in SeaMonkey.
Windows 10 / no add-ons installed / safe mode same problem / no special changes to any setting, fresh install today
Example of problem page, I can post if it helps but it has a looooong URL link, about 10-lines long, obviously tracking me.
therube

Re: Day One User: How do I white list a website?

Post by therube »

There is no "whitelist".

Particular sites may or may not work - for any variety of reasons.

A site may not like your useragent, which a spoof of may resolve.
Or a site may use features that SeaMonkey simply does not support, in which case you'll just need to use something else.

(Oh, http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14939572.)

When I click on links that have some sort of tracking function from within emails
Example URLs?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript