Seamonkey on MacOS13

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Jim in Georgia

Seamonkey on MacOS13

Post by Jim in Georgia »

Cannot install the updated Seamonkey app on MacOS13. I have whitelisted it, and worked through Apple Support, but it appears that the issue is with the app itself. I have been using Seamonkey for my WYSIWYG editor for years on Windows first, and the last few years on my Mac.

Is there a plan to address this in the future?
Thanks !!

Jim Lay
therube

Re: Seamonkey on MacOS13

Post by therube »

Is "MacOS13" the same as "Ventura"?

If so, then this should be dup'd to, SEAMONKEY and APPLE VENTURA.

(And in that respect, at this point in time, you should be glad you cannot install it, I suppose - rather then finding out after the fact that it doesn't work.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
zenon1

Post by zenon1 »

Hello,

MacOS 13 is Ventura. I got Seamonkey 2.53.16 pre-relaese working but I can't get French dictionary working in Mails and News Groups. The French dictionary is present as a plugin but can't get selected in Mail. Only US dictionary.
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

zenon1 wrote:Hello,
[...] I can't get French dictionary working in Mails and News Groups. The French dictionary is present as a plugin but can't get selected in Mail. Only US dictionary.
Probably too new extension. I mean, SeaMonkey can't handle (yet) WebExtensions. Uninstall and try older:
https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/se ... /versions/
zenon1

Post by zenon1 »

Probably too new extension. I mean, SeaMonkey can't handle (yet) WebExtensions. Uninstall and try older:
I followed your advise and it works. The out-dated version of the French dictionary makes it.
Thank you.
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

zenon1 wrote:The out-dated version of the French dictionary makes it.
Don't worry. It's exactly the same version of French dictionary. Just extension (package) is older.