WhatsApp Web messages and emojis

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
raj_bhaskar

WhatsApp Web messages and emojis

Post by raj_bhaskar »

I've been using WhatsApp Web on SM for a while now, with the user agent set to Firefox 60. The most recent update has broken it so that you can't type messages any more. The workaround I've been using is to paste in a few characters from somewhere else and then overtype whose, which works fine. Selecting emojis and gifs from the panel also doesn't work. Anybody got any suggestions, or will I just have to live with it (which I can certainly do)?

Thanks, Raj.
Neko the gamer

Re: WhatsApp Web messages and emojis

Post by Neko the gamer »

Unrelated to your question, how did you managed to change your user agent in SM? i tried today to access whatsapp web but i also saw that SM is not compatible, how did you do it instead?
raj_bhaskar

Post by raj_bhaskar »

In about:config, I created a new item "general.useragent.override.whatsapp.com" with value "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0".
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

raj_bhaskar wrote:...or will I just have to live with it (which I can certainly do)?
You might have to live with that one for a while.

That workaround of yours sounds very similar to what I do on Facebook, although I use a default UA there. I looked into it ages back and seem to recall that FB introduced a pre-posting moderation script (!) that SM can't handle. So, I paste a couple of random characters in and then type away. Maybe WhatsApp is doing the same now?
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)