Brand new computer and Seamonkey still "not responding"

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
TPR75

Re: Brand new computer and Seamonkey still "not responding"

Post by TPR75 »

Rob_S wrote:As to the script errors, that is an issue with seamonkey on certain websites, and some times you just need to give up and use some other browser for those.
That website works for me. Do you know which one? Did you checked it by yourself? Few posts above there was link to a picture with hint (address).

That website is ads heavy. Without adblocker it could be problematic to use it for some time - scripts will freeze SeaMonkey soon or later.
hayley3

Post by hayley3 »

I think the slowness is coming when I click the link in the message, when I close the message that helps unless there's also a script problem or I clicked an email link.

Also I simply downloaded Seamonkey instead of doing an import/export to try and solve my issue..so I had to copy and paste all of my bookmark bar. It was a pain. So I expected not to have any issues since it was a fresh download.
hardys

Post by hardys »

If SM worked well with your old PC, I would give it a try and copy the complete profile from the old computer to the new one and start SM with the old profile to check what will happen.
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

TPR75 wrote:
Rob_S wrote:As to the script errors, that is an issue with seamonkey on certain websites, and some times you just need to give up and use some other browser for those.
That website works for me. Do you know which one? Did you checked it by yourself? Few posts above there was link to a picture with hint (address).
That site - https://keviniscooking.com - pretty much freezes Seamonkey after navigating about a bit for me, however I have not yet got a script error message. Maybe because i AM using ublock origin.

Brave browser has no problems