Extract emails to archive them

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Ralph6410

Extract emails to archive them

Post by Ralph6410 »

Is there a program that will extract all emails as individual entities, perhaps as subject.pdf. I have e-mails that go back to the dawn of Sea Monkey and this recent Apple Ventura upgrade has made me worried that sooner or later I will do an operating upgrade that will render my Sea Monkey.. dead.
I know.. (suspect?) I could open each one separately and print to *.pdf but with perhaps a thousand to archive that would be somewhat time consuming.

Any thoughts.. Alternative ideas to archive years of redundant emails that I want to keep?

Thank you for your time
Ralph
TPR75

Re: Extract emails to archive them

Post by TPR75 »

Ralph6410 wrote:Any thoughts.. Alternative ideas to archive years of redundant emails that I want to keep?
You can use ImportExportTools:
https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/se ... porttools/
... to make it possible to import into native Apple e-mail clients.

More about it:
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=3058403
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

Look for an Mbox viewer, I believe this allows you to read emails directly from any of the large mail files (with no file extension) that seamonkey uses.

In other words, you might not have to do anything now, other than check that this works for you.
Ralph6410

Post by Ralph6410 »

Thanks both.
TPR75 from your link, reading the comments "Apparently the add-on has been corrupted by the author."
Rob_S That looks promising, will check it out.
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

Ralph6410 wrote:TPR75 from your link, reading the comments "Apparently the add-on has been corrupted by the author."
If you'll read carefully through topic's chaos then you will know that above info was related to newer Thunderbird (requires WebExtensions). For SeaMonkey we need older, normal extension. It works, don't worry.
Ralph6410

Post by Ralph6410 »

Thanks.. Will give it a shot..