facebook not working after update

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Iamusually happy

facebook not working after update

Post by Iamusually happy »

never had a problem there until the auto update yesterday, now it just says request cannot be processed.
Works fine in firefox but I like it better in seamonkey, can I just go back to the old version ? [Sorry, not an advanced user] I did try create a new profile and that didn't work
Frank Lion

Re: facebook not working after update

Post by Frank Lion »

Iamusually happy wrote:[Sorry, not an advanced user] I did try create a new profile and that didn't work
Go to Menu>Edit>Preferences>Advanced>HTTP Networking > select 'Advertise as SeaMonkey' then Okay, right at the bottom. Facebook will then work.

There is a slightly more advanced, and better, solution, but the above fix will get you going again in Facebook..
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

Iamusually happy wrote:never had a problem there until the auto update yesterday, now it just says request cannot be processed.
FB doesn't like Fx91 so you'll need to change User Agent. If you don't want to follow Frank's advice (such change will be for every website) then you can do this to FB only. Follow this:
viewtopic.php?p=14906527#p14906527

Use e.g. this UA:

Code: Select all

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:78.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/78.0
Oh! You must do this override for all Facebook's domains:
facebook.com
facebook.net
fbcdn.net
Iamusually happy

Frank Lion wrote:
Iamusually happy wrote:[Sorry, not an advanced user] I did try create a new profile and that didn't work
Go to Menu>Edit>Preferences>Advanced>HTTP Networking > select 'Advertise as SeaMonkey' then Okay, right at the bottom. Facebook will then work.

There is a slightly more advanced, and better, solution, but the above fix will get you going again in Facebook..
OMG you are a genius or at least half a genius ! I never would have figured that out myself, I am actually not much into FB but I have a few sales going on and its totally different in firefox, I love sea monkey !
Iamusually happy

TPR75 wrote:
Iamusually happy wrote:never had a problem there until the auto update yesterday, now it just says request cannot be processed.
FB doesn't like Fx91 so you'll need to change User Agent. If you don't want to follow Frank's advice (such change will be for every website) then you can do this to FB only. Follow this:
viewtopic.php?p=14906527#p14906527

Use e.g. this UA:

Code: Select all

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:78.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/78.0
Oh! You must do this override for all Facebook's domains:
facebook.com
facebook.net
fbcdn.net
thanx I'll keep that in mind if I have more problems with other web sites
Peter Creasey

Post by Peter Creasey »

FaceBook starts scrolling automatically on me with SeaMonkey. I finally gave up and use my backup browser for FaceBook now.

I'd love to know a way to solve the FaceBook problem with SeaMonkey so I don't have to use the backup browser.
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

Peter Creasey wrote:FaceBook starts scrolling automatically on me with SeaMonkey.
Autoscrolling is one of the first things I'd change in new profile:
Menu -> Edit -> Preferences -> Appearance -> Content -> in field "Scrolling" disable/uncheck option "Use autoscrolling"

Did it helped with FB?
Peter Creasey

Post by Peter Creasey »

TPR75 wrote:
Peter Creasey wrote:FaceBook starts scrolling automatically on me with SeaMonkey.
Autoscrolling is one of the first things I'd change in new profile:
Menu -> Edit -> Preferences -> Appearance -> Content -> in field "Scrolling" disable/uncheck option "Use autoscrolling"

Did it helped with FB?
I believe it did. Many thanks.
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
BruceAWittmeier

Post by BruceAWittmeier »

Frank Lion wrote:

You might want to correct the word from 'Advertise' to 'Identify'. Thanks for the info.
I often take a long windy road to my destination. Upon arrival, I wonder how I missed the shortcut.