SeaMonkey app cannot be used with this version of OS X.

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
condestavo

SeaMonkey app cannot be used with this version of OS X.

Post by condestavo »

Hello !!

Since the last upgrade seamonkey-2.53.15.es-AR.mac, I can't use Seamonkey on my MacBook Pro 2014, 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5, 64-bit, 8 Gb RAM, System Yosemite 10.10.5.
Nor can I go back to the previous version of Seamonkey seamonkey-2.53.14.es-AR.mac.dmg or seamonkey-2.53.11.1.es-AR.mac, since when I restart the computer, the same message appears again:
This version of the “SeaMonkey” app cannot be used with this version of OS X.
It is very strange that with previous versions it cannot either, since I have been using Seamonkey for more than 17 years without problems.
------
I can't find the Seamonkey Profile backup folder anywhere.
Any solution for both issues? Thanks
SelVieux

Re: SeaMonkey app cannot be used with this version of OS X.

Post by SelVieux »

on MaxOS 10.9 I can't open 53.15 neither; it gives this error when I do it from Terminal from the Contents directory:
Pat:MacOS paw$ ./seamonkey
XPCOMGlueLoad error for file /Applications/SeaMonkey2.53.3.app/Contents/MacOS/XUL:
dlopen(/Applications/SeaMonkey2.53.3.app/Contents/MacOS/XUL, 265): Symbol not found: ___NSDictionary0__
Referenced from: /Applications/SeaMonkey2.53.3.app/Contents/MacOS/XUL
Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/CoreFoundation
in /Applications/SeaMonkey2.53.3.app/Contents/MacOS/XUL
Couldn't load XPCOM.
Pat:MacOS paw$

I downloaded 53.14 manually and turned off auto update in about.config, running from Finder holding the Control key.
condestavo

Post by condestavo »

Hello SelVieux:
Thanks for the info. I am not an expert and I would need a simple way to disable this problem. If you know any way, it will be welcome.
On the other hand, and before continuing testing, I would like to be able to make a backup of my profile, basically, of my emails, which date back many years. I can't find the folder with this file.

Thanks
hardys

Post by hardys »

Peter Creasey wrote:Menu <help> <trouble shooting info> click Open Folder
The problem is that he can not start Seamonkey and so can not use your tip :-"
frg

Post by frg »

There are a few test builds here which back out the latest Ventura fixes and are done with different sdks: https://www.wg9s.com/macos/

Please ty them.

FRG
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

Do a search for profiles.ini and read the address of the profile in that file. Make sure that a parent of profiles.ini is SeaMonkey.
condestavo

Post by condestavo »

Hello Pete:
Thanks for help.
From where call HELP? From the finder or from Seamonkey Menu? I´m have installed Mac OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite.
Thanks
condestavo

Post by condestavo »

Anonymosity wrote:Do a search for profiles.ini and read the address of the profile in that file. Make sure that a parent of profiles.ini is SeaMonkey.
--------------------
Hello Anonymosity!!
How do you say to find the profile? From the finder, in the Library Folder...? Nothing appers..
I was looking in all sistem, Library, etc...and I can not find the folder with the Backup of the profile...
condestavo

Post by condestavo »

Hello FRG:
I tried the link that you suggested, I downloaded only one file, the installation started and I stayed there. Like I hadn't installed it.
Then I tried again with the version of SM 2.53.11.1, and surprise, it worked normally again!
It's a shame that I can't update with the latest version, do you know if it will be reviewed and will see compatibility with Mac OS X older than the current one? Thank you very much and greetings !
wgianopoulos

Post by wgianopoulos »

The idea here was for you to try each of the builds here and report on pass or fail under 10.9 for each so that we could ascertain the path forward to fixing your issue testing one and not saying which one it was and saying it fails is not really helping.

We are trying to help you, but we do not have a macOS 10.9 system to use for testing so are relying on feedback on each of these builds.
wgianopoulos

Post by wgianopoulos »

I am particularly interested in the https://www.wg9s.com/macos/seamonkey-2. ... ac-113.dmg and https://www.wg9s.com/macos/seamonkey-2. ... c-1012.dmg builds as those are the only ones that do not involve backing out security fixes that we want to keep.
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

condestavo wrote:Hello FRG:
I tried the link that you suggested, I downloaded only one file, the installation started and I stayed there. Like I hadn't installed it.
Then I tried again with the version of SM 2.53.11.1, and surprise, it worked normally again!
It's a shame that I can't update with the latest version, do you know if it will be reviewed and will see compatibility with Mac OS X older than the current one? Thank you very much and greetings !
If you have a version of SeaMonkey running now, you should be able to find the profile easily. Pull down the Help menu and click on Troubleshooting Information. Next to "Profile Folder", you can see the pathname to the profile.
SelVieux

Post by SelVieux »

Hello wganopulous,

The downloads at https://www.wg9s.com/macos/ links all give this error message on MacOS 10.9:
Pat:MacOS paw$ 2023-02-09 09:22:42.534 seamonkey[11917:507] Minimum OS version requirement not met!
SelVieux

Post by SelVieux »

Hello wgianopoulos

I do have a 14-beta that does run on 10.9 which I had downloaded a few months ago:
SeaMonkey

version 2.53.14 beta 1

You are currently on the beta update channel.
See a list of contributors to the Mozilla Project.
Read the licensing information for this product.
Read the release notes for this version.
See the build configuration used for this version.
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.9; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/68.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.14
Build identifier: 20220825161606
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

condestavo wrote:
Anonymosity wrote:Do a search for profiles.ini and read the address of the profile in that file. Make sure that a parent of profiles.ini is SeaMonkey.
--------------------
Hello Anonymosity!!
How do you say to find the profile? From the finder, in the Library Folder...? Nothing appers..
I was looking in all sistem, Library, etc...and I can not find the folder with the Backup of the profile...
I keep forgetting that Spotlight is crippled. I use EasyFind to locate things because it is not crippled.
You can get the user library to appear in the Finder sidebar this way:

User Library Folder - hidden by default but viewable with OS 10.9 onward
Go to user folder in Finder and click “Show View Options” in toolbar or by pressing Command+J. At the bottom of this is an option: “Show Library folder.”

Once you have the user library folder visible, enter it, choose Application Support > SeaMonkey > Profiles. From there you should see the profile folder. You can back it up from there, but I back up the whole SeaMonkey folder because it has a handy label telling me whose profile I back up.