userChrome.css and userContent.css

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
rdtom

Re: userChrome.css and userContent.css

Post by rdtom »

The.Purple.Hippo if you want help, you need to start posting code snippets as DanRaisch recommended.
Did you go to
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3037817
as Frank Lion recommended?
styish is the same as using userChrome.css and userContent.css files. Correct. There's no rewriting. Then it should be only a matter of cut and paste, right. Wrong
Wrong is probably correct.
it's beyond my comprehension
Well, you're are going to have to increasing your comprehension.

The first line of userChrome.css needs to be:

Code: Select all

@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul");
Since I do not I have a copy Stylish 2.1.1, I can't tell you what your format errors are. Go look at Browser Console in Web Development and see what errors are there. A good way to do this just have open two blank pages open, close the browser, SeaMonkey will ask you if you want to 'Save and Close'. Do So! Then restart the the browser with the two blank pages.
Then start posting the errors shown in the Browser Console. If you don't have any errors, post the first code snippet.
At the top of POST A REPLY are some boxes. You need to click on the one labeled Code. And then post your code snippet between the two boxes.
I've noticed that if you have one error in userChrome or userContent, SeaMonkey will skip all the following instructions.
I assume that your using Stylish 2.1.1. 3.* and up are web extensions. If you're coming from 3.* The format of the code is going to be different.
I've noticed that if you have one error in userChrome or userContent, SeaMonkey will skip all the following instructions.
ElTxolo

Post by ElTxolo »

The.Purple.Hippo wrote:I'm still using SM 2.53.12. That's the last version that's stylish 2.1.1 will work. After that its a no go.
[....]

SeAMonkey 2.53.15 Release Notes - Troubleshooting wrote: [....] For security, parts of bug 1035091 were ported in bug 1411708. This might cause problems with add-ons like Stylish which use moz-document.
    Set the preference "layout.css.moz-document.content.enabled" to "true" to overcome this but be aware that this disables the added security fix.
    [....]

How to Ask Questions The Smart Way - How to Report Bugs Effectively ;)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240109 SeaMonkey/2.53.18.1
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240317 SeaMonkey/2.53.19 :lildevil:

~
The.Purple.Hippo

Post by The.Purple.Hippo »

My first complaint is why wasn't I notified of this last posting.
ElTxolo wrote:
The.Purple.Hippo wrote:I'm still using SM 2.53.12. That's the last version that's stylish 2.1.1 will work. After that its a no go.
[....]
SeAMonkey 2.53.15 Release Notes - Troubleshooting wrote: [....] For security, parts of bug 1035091 were ported in bug 1411708. This might cause problems with add-ons like Stylish which use moz-document.
Set the preference "layout.css.moz-document.content.enabled" to "true" to overcome this but be aware that this disables the added security fix.
[....]
I made the change and stylish still didn't work, however, the .css files now work, although, not all the styles are showing up.

If anyone is interested in checking out stylish 2.1.1 its available here: https://www.jeffersonscher.com/temp/Stylish211Fx/
frg

Post by frg »

The.Purple.Hippo

Post by The.Purple.Hippo »

frg wrote:Stylish has been forled long ago. Stylem should work:

https://github.com/dirkf/stylem/releases
https://github.com/Lootyhoof/stylem/releases/tag/v2.2.9
I tried Stylem, and yippy everything works. It picked up ALL my styles. So, I'm a happy camper now. Thanks.