Web sites not working

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Iamusually happy

Web sites not working

Post by Iamusually happy »

Seems to happen more and more, some flat out pop up a page that says this browser is no longer supported, use another.

Reddit for months has been inoperative for sea monkey, I can read post but no way to reply, where you are supposed to reply is unclickable. Facebook sorta works, when I click to type something nothing will happen, I have to copy and paste something in the message bar, then it will accept keyboard input. Now it is nearly inoperable, if I click a message the box will come up, but won't load, please see pic. Anything that can be done about this, I'd hate to ditch seamonkey after all these years for something so stupic [and yes, all these pasges work fine with firefox, which II don't particularly care for] ooops, don't know how to post a pic here, it has to be hosted ?
hardys

Re: Web sites not working

Post by hardys »

Have you tried https://old.reddit.com ?
Iamusually happy

Post by Iamusually happy »

no, so there is no solution to seamonkey dying ? Why doe firefox work and seamonkey doesn't ?
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

Iamusually happy wrote:Why doe firefox work and seamonkey doesn't ?
Because of money. Google paid hundreds of millions $ to Mozilla for search engine advertisement so Firefox has "a lot" of devs. Our glorious developers are working for free and they're few. Got spare money? Knows many people who'll donate for SeaMonkey? Then development could go faster.