Fedex tracking has suddenly stopped working

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Peter Creasey

Fedex tracking has suddenly stopped working

Post by Peter Creasey »

This was working fine until today.

Go to -> https://www.fedex.com/en-us/tracking.html

and enter a tracking number and get this...

"Unfortunately we are unable to retrieve your tracking results at this time. Please try again later."

This works fine with another browser.

Any suggestions, please?
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
Wish You Were Here

Re: Fedex tracking has suddenly stopped working

Post by Wish You Were Here »

I stopped trying to use that or UPS in SM maybe a year ago. Resorted to using another browser or mobile devices.
therube

Post by therube »

Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Peter Creasey

Post by Peter Creasey »

I clicked on your link and got the same "Unfortunately we are unable to retrieve your tracking results at this time. Please try again later."

What can you suggest I try to cure my problem?
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

Peter Creasey wrote:What can you suggest I try to cure my problem?
Make site specific User Agent override for Fx 91.
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

TPR75 wrote:
Peter Creasey wrote:What can you suggest I try to cure my problem?
Make site specific User Agent override with Fx 91.
Peter Creasey

Post by Peter Creasey »

TPR75 wrote:Make site specific User Agent override with Fx 91.
Thank you very much for responding; however, still get "Unfortunately we are unable to retrieve your tracking results at this time. Please try again later."
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
therube

Post by therube »

I don't spoof.

Test in a new, clean Profile.
Create a new Profile, throw in that link & see what happens.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Peter Creasey

Post by Peter Creasey »

therube wrote:I don't spoof.
Test in a new, clean Profile.
Create a new Profile, throw in that link & see what happens.
Thanks for responding.

Yes, I know some other people do as you do...and it seems like the attractive approach (but what do I know?)

#1) I don't really know how to create and play with different profiles; and

#2) I don't see what would be gained by "create a new profile and see what happen" as I'm not reallky receptive to trying to transition into a new profile if that seems to be the answer; and

#3) I run SM lean and clean i.e. no unneeded extensions.

Any other ideas?

And thanks again for replying.
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
v_v

Post by v_v »

Peter,

At the top of the browser when you click on "Help --- About SeaMonkey" what do you see for the user agent? Mine says, " Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/91.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.15 ". Per your posting here at Mozillazine your user agent is " Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.53.15 ". In other words in your current user agent the "Firefox /91.0" appears to be missing. It appears that you have set an override that may be blocking the basic user agent of SeaMonkey and thereby possibly causing a problem at Fedex.

When I click on the link supplied by "therube" the fedex site appears to work correctly. That may be because "therube" and I have the exact same basic SeaMonkey user agent, while you appear to be using an override.

v_v
Peter Creasey

Post by Peter Creasey »

v_v wrote:Peter,At the top of the browser when you click on "Help --- About SeaMonkey" what do you see for the user agent? Mine says, " Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/91.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.15 ". Per your posting here at Mozillazine your user agent is " Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.53.15 ". In other words in your current user agent the "Firefox /91.0" appears to be missing. It appears that you have set an override that may be blocking the basic user agent of SeaMonkey and thereby possibly causing a problem at Fedex.

When I click on the link supplied by "therube" the fedex site appears to work correctly. That may be because "therube" and I have the exact same basic SeaMonkey user agent, while you appear to be using an override.

v_v
Here is what I have User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.53.15 "

How do I fix this, please?

Thanks.
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
v_v

Post by v_v »

Peter,

Somebody else may have to help you with this. My thought is that you might have some override affecting/blocking SeaMonkey's basic user agent. When you go into your "about:config" and scroll down to the "general.useragent.override" area, what overrides do you see listed there?

v_v
Peter Creasey

Post by Peter Creasey »

v_v wrote:scroll down to the "general.useragent.override" area, what overrides do you see listed there?
dropbox (78), fedex (91), flickr (99.9), linkedin (91), netteller (99.9), and youtube (60)
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

Peter Creasey wrote: Here is what I have User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.53.15 "

How do I fix this, please?

Thanks.
Both v_v and therube are advertising Firefox compatibility in their user-agents and you are not. You can set that in Preferences > Advanced > HTTP Networking.
Peter Creasey

Post by Peter Creasey »

Thanks, everyone, for helping.

Okay, that appears to have fixed things so Firefox compatibility is advertised and, yes, fedex.com now appears to work.

I'm fairly certain I changed that setting recently at someone's direction (Frank Lion?) so that a site would work...and it did, but I don't remember what site it was (I think it was Facebook and, I just now checked, Facebook now doesn't work).
. . . . . . . . . . Pete