Some seamonkey themes break startup and recently closed tabs

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
crazyguy33

Some seamonkey themes break startup and recently closed tabs

Post by crazyguy33 »

On seamonkey 2.53.15, some themes for seamonkey break recently closed tabs/windows, meaning that i am unable to reopen tabs that i may have closed accidentally, they also mess with the browser startup, always making it a blank page (I need a browser to restore my previous tabs when I reopen it). You can reproduce this error by downloading XPFE-classic 0.1.4 and setting it as the default theme
Frank Lion

Re: Some seamonkey themes break startup and recently closed

Post by Frank Lion »

rikafurudae wrote:On seamonkey 2.53.15, some themes for seamonkey break
The following sums up that situation -

Menu > Help > Release Notes -

https://www.seamonkey-project.org/relea ... ey2.53.15/
Full theme add-ons may need changes because of user interface and internal changes. If you find any problem with themes, contact the theme author. Before reporting a problem with the user interface please make sure to recreate it with either the Classic or Modern theme.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
crazyguy33

Post by crazyguy33 »

Frank Lion wrote:
rikafurudae wrote:On seamonkey 2.53.15, some themes for seamonkey break
The following sums up that situation -

Menu > Help > Release Notes -

https://www.seamonkey-project.org/relea ... ey2.53.15/
Full theme add-ons may need changes because of user interface and internal changes. If you find any problem with themes, contact the theme author. Before reporting a problem with the user interface please make sure to recreate it with either the Classic or Modern theme.
How would I go about recreating a theme? I don't have any knowledge about this sort of stuff. I tried copying the skin folders over to the modern theme from another theme (Modern2), but that breaks the theme completely.
therube

Post by therube »

(Simply linking, XPFE-Classic 0.1.4.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
crazyguy33

Post by crazyguy33 »

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14889812
Seems this post has the same problem as I am having. What I think is that some change in seamonkey 2.53.1 to the themes or addons caused the breakage