Dropbox is the only website that won't load

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
jgreer

Re: Dropbox is the only website that won't load

Post by jgreer »

v_v wrote:jgreer,

Your override appears to be accurate; I was hoping that there would be an easily noticed typo somewhere but there was not.

One thing that I am curious about is that your override appears to be
General.useragent.override.dropbox.com;Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:68.9) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/68.9
But then right under that you posted
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:68.9) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/68.9;Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:68.9) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/68.9

Hopefully in the "Value" part of your override you do not have the value part listed THREE times?!! If you do then that might be part of the problem.
v_v
Should I delete the second item then? And how would I do it? When I first did this I got it all wrong and may have messed that part up. I modified my two entries and redid the about:config and got it right, but the second one may be a leftover of the wrong one.
v_v

Post by v_v »

jgreer,
Should I delete the second item then? And how would I do it? When I first did this I got it all wrong and may have messed that part up. I modified my two entries and redid the about:config and got it right, but the second one may be a leftover of the wrong one.
I am not sure that I fully understand what you are saying or what your entries actually look like, but perhaps you should just start completely over.

1. Go into "about:config"
2. Scroll down to and find the two (?) entries or overrides;
3. Right click on the two entries/overrides and choose "reset"; reset essentially means "delete" here;
4. Close the "about:config" tab;
5. After you close it, then go back into "about:config" and the entries/overrides should not be there; verify that;
6. Now re-create ONE override with a "preference name" as "General.useragent.override.dropbox.com" just like you had it before; --- [right click anywhere, choose "New", then "String"]
7. For your value use "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:68.9) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/68.9" just like you had it before, but only do it ONCE this time!;
8. Close the "about:config" tab;
9. Go to dropbox to see if it works.

v_v
jgreer

Post by jgreer »

v_v wrote:jgreer,
I am not sure that I fully understand what you are saying or what your entries actually look like, but perhaps you should just start completely over.

1. Go into "about:config"
2. Scroll down to and find the two (?) entries or overrides;
3. Right click on the two entries/overrides and choose "reset"; reset essentially means "delete" here;
4. Close the "about:config" tab;
5. After you close it, then go back into "about:config" and the entries/overrides should not be there; verify that;
6. Now re-create ONE override with a "preference name" as "General.useragent.override.dropbox.com" just like you had it before; --- [right click anywhere, choose "New", then "String"]
7. For your value use "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:68.9) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/68.9" just like you had it before, but only do it ONCE this time!;
8. Close the "about:config" tab;9. Go to dropbox to see if it works.

v_v
I did all you said. Then entered this: General.useragent.override.dropbox.com; Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:68.9) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/68.9

It still won't work :( I closed the browser every time, saw that the entries were gone, started the browser and went to about:config and entered the above information. Closed it again then went to dropbox. It still won't come up. It tries to but then sort of gives up and the "done" is an empty page.
Peter Creasey

Post by Peter Creasey »

Are you entering at https://www.dropbox.com/login
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
jgreer

Post by jgreer »

Peter Creasey wrote:Are you entering at https://www.dropbox.com/login
I did. Then I decided to just go to Dropbox.com to see if it would make a difference. Since I’m already logged in, it didn’t
ElTxolo

Post by ElTxolo »

hardys wrote: Right click -> New -> Select "String"

For Name enter: General.useragent.override.dropbox.com
for Value enter: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:68.9) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/68.9

After three pages into this thread, and a bunch of posts. Hasn't anyone noticed, that the instructions repeated several times are incorrect ... ??

Since, you can NOT use uppercase letters. You must use lower case.

Code: Select all

Name:  general.useragent.override.dropbox.com

Value:  Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:68.9) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/68.9

PS.- Personally, I have never used that crappola Dropbox.
    I have only used the values in the example, to demonstrate that using them correctly that crap does work. Image

How to Ask Questions The Smart Way - How to Report Bugs Effectively ;)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240318 SeaMonkey/2.53.18.2
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240416 SeaMonkey/2.53.19 :lildevil:

~
jgreer

Post by jgreer »

ElTxolo wrote:
hardys wrote: Right click -> New -> Select "String"

For Name enter: General.useragent.override.dropbox.com
for Value enter: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:68.9) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/68.9

After three pages into this thread, and a bunch of posts. Hasn't anyone noticed, that the instructions repeated several times are incorrect ... ??

Since, you can NOT use uppercase letters. You must use lower case.

Code: Select all

Name:  general.useragent.override.dropbox.com

Value:  Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:68.9) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/68.9

PS.- Personally, I have never used that crappola Dropbox.
    I have only used the values in the example, to demonstrate that using them correctly that crap does work. Image

I deleted the previous entries and put in this: general.useragent.override.dropbox.com;Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:68.9) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/68.9

Still can't get into dropbox.
jgreer

Post by jgreer »

Peter Creasey wrote:Are you entering at https://www.dropbox.com/login
Thanks Pete. I copied and pasted the above link and it worked.
Peter Creasey

Post by Peter Creasey »

Good to hear perseverance paid off.
. . . . . . . . . . Pete