MS Outlook is not opening links in Seamonkey

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Dominik Przyborowski

MS Outlook is not opening links in Seamonkey

Post by Dominik Przyborowski »

Hello All,

Welcome everyone as it is my first post on this forum.

Environment:
1. Windows 10 Enterprise, Version 10.0.19045
2. Seamonkey (2.53.16 build 20230319204740, x86_64) is set as default browser
3. Problem → links from MS Outlook are not opening in Seamonkey. From other programs (MS Teams, Signal) works fine.

Sometimes, if I uninstall Seamonkey, Install SM again, restart Outlook the functionality is back until end of the day (system is continuously working and issue is back after night).
The standard solution of opening "Default Apps" and re-making SM as default Web Browser is not helping.
Another observation, Seamonkey is asking to be a default browser only after uninstall & new install procedure. In any other case is thinking is a default browser (even if is not).

Any suggestion are highly welcomed.
Dominik
therube

Re: MS Outlook is not opening links in Seamonkey

Post by therube »

Might what Frank said have any bearing, http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14954997 (as in might you have had the x86 version installed, prior) ?
system is continuously working
SeaMonkey is also continuously during this time?
Or can you open & close SeaMonkey during this time & thing still do work correctly?
issue is back after night
What happens at night?
You physically shut your computer down (rather then putting to Sleep)?
In any other case is thinking is a default browser (even if is not).
Though it actually is (as you stated above).
if I uninstall Seamonkey, Install SM again, restart Outlook the functionality is back
If you start Outlook (first), then uninstall/reinstall SeaMonkey, is the functionality there?
(As in, does the order of doing things change the outcome?)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Dominik Przyborowski

Re: MS Outlook is not opening links in Seamonkey

Post by Dominik Przyborowski »

Hi,
Thanks for response. Let me try to put a bit more light on this.
therube wrote:Might what Frank said have any bearing, http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14954997 (as in might you have had the x86 version installed, prior) ?
It is hard to say if it was change in architecture.
The PC is my office desktop, which is basically powering down only if I am going to long holidays (so no more than once per year). Frankly, I do not remember if I installed 32bit first and then upgrade to 64bit version.
system is continuously working
SeaMonkey is also continuously during this time?
Yep. I am leaving office and lock the screen. Come back at morning.
Or can you open & close SeaMonkey during this time & thing still do work correctly?
Do not know yet. As soon as I'll be able to force SM & Outlook to cooperate, will check.
issue is back after night
What happens at night?
You physically shut your computer down (rather then putting to Sleep)?
Windows is locked. There might be some stuff scheduled by IT, but I am not sure for now.
if I uninstall Seamonkey, Install SM again, restart Outlook the functionality is back
If you start Outlook (first), then uninstall/reinstall SeaMonkey, is the functionality there?
(As in, does the order of doing things change the outcome?)
Order of operation might be relevant as not always things are working.

I will try to check what happens after reboot and various scenarios (like order and turn on/off SM and/or Outlook) and come back later.