Upgrading SeaMonkey and keeping old mail folders (Mac)

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
alpshiker

Upgrading SeaMonkey and keeping old mail folders (Mac)

Post by alpshiker »

Hi, is there a way I can use a recent version of SeaMonkey and import my older mail folders and addresses into it?
I have tried replacing the newly installed mail folder by the old one. As a result, I have all the folders labels in the left pane, but they look empty.
I have tried: right click on folders, properties, repare folder (rebuild .msf file), to no avail. The function doesn't work.
Deleting the .msf file before lauching SeaMonkey does not solve the issue either. It used to work in older versions.

I have Mac OS 12.5 Monterey and SeaMonkey 2.53.16 FR installed. I used to have an English version 2.49.5 in Mojave 10.14.6.

Would be very happy to keep the software running. Thanks for hints.
Last edited by DanRaisch on June 2nd, 2023, 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: (Mac) added to Subject line.
DanRaisch

Re: Upgrading SeaMonkey and keeping old mail folders (Mac)

Post by DanRaisch »

How is the account set up, as POP or IMAP?
alpshiker

Re: Upgrading SeaMonkey and keeping old mail folders (Mac)

Post by alpshiker »

DanRaisch wrote:How is the account set up, as POP or IMAP?
It is POP. I have no problem downloading messages from the server, but the inherited local folders are not loaded, even though their names appear in the left pane.

I tried once to install a late version over the old one some years ago, but it wouldn't keep my old folders either, so I think they are incompatible. Is there a file size limit now as used to be in the past ? Some folders are well over 2 GB.