messenger.xul crashes browser

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite

messenger.xul crashes browser

Post by Guest »

I find the messenger.xul pretty interesting and want to use it but mozilla crashes every time I use it.
It would start lagging my browser and then just stop.
Is there a remedy for this at all?

thanks
johann_p

Post by johann_p »

I think you need to give a lot more detail about what exactly you do and what goes wrong ...

Post by Guest »

Nothing unusual, just type
chrome://messenger/content/messenger.xul and it loads the mail client, but then it would just sit and lag my whole browser, eventually causing it to "Not Responding" and the mouse would stall. if i click on Stop the browser would be okay, but switching between tabs would be a little lagged, I'd click on a tab and it would take 1-2 seconds to load, even if it's blank, and no page is loaded
johann_p

Post by johann_p »

Oh, you are not supposed to do that :)
The xul was not designed to be used in this way - even if it would work you would see two menubars etc.
I agree that it would be nice to be able to put the messenger into a tab, but this would involve a lot of additional work.

Post by Guest »

lol

So what's the xul for? all i can find thru google is just that - type it in the address bar and voila....

Thanks
johann_p

Post by johann_p »

Anonymous wrote:lol

So what's the xul for? all i can find thru google is just that - type it in the address bar and voila....

Thanks

It is used internally when you open MailNews in a new window. The whole Mozilla GUI is implemented in XUL, so there are also files for addressbook, navigator etc. None of these are intended to be entered in the address bar.

Post by Guest »

thanks Johan you've clued me in now
much appreciated ;)