New User............Be Kind {:-)

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Blackjack

New User............Be Kind {:-)

Post by Blackjack »

Good day all,

I have tried to use Mozilla a few times in the past few years but am determined to succeed this time. That being said I am sure to be posting many questions to the forum.

First thing I was taken by the option of changing the 'theme' and thus changing the appearance of the icons on the toolbar. I went to a recommended site and found a StarTrek selection that looked very good. I could not however download it. It was listed in my download manager and it also opened my RAR program and I guess I didn't know where to extract it to. Would some one plz try to give me step by step instructions to accomplish this :wink:

Next and last for today,:banana: , Some websites don't ask to save my username/password, even my yahoo email account. How can I or is it possible to enter the info manually. When I do use the PW mngr does it automatically enter the info or ask first?

Many thanks,

Blackjack 8)
"Character is power. It makes friends, draws patronage and
support and opens the way to wealth, honor and happiness."
--John Howe
Scarrow

Post by Scarrow »

Welcome Blackjack.

It seems a number of individuals have been having some difficulty with the password-manager.
I'm afraid I can offer very little succor in this matter.
You might do a little more wandering; It's likely you'll stumble upon a solution somewhere herein.

As for themes...
They are packaged in "jar" files. Some are installable "xpi" packages.
If you have a "jar" of a particular theme that you'd like to install, you'll need the <a href="http://downloads.mozdev.org/cdn/themer/themer.xpi">theme installer extension</a>.

<a href="http://themes.mozdev.org/">Mozdev</a> has further information.

- Scarrow
johann_p

Post by johann_p »

If a theme is distributed as a file with a xpi extensions, there are usually two options: either you click on the file and it brings up an install-dialog, then you can directly install it from the web location. Or it gets saved to the local disk, then simply use File->open on it to start the installation process.
(I think you need to have JavaScript turned on for the navigator for either to work, but I assume you did not turn it off - it is turned on by default)

Post by Guest »

Thank you both for your suggestions it is appreciated.

Blackjack 8)