email account disappeared

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
cool.dog

email account disappeared

Post by cool.dog »

Hi!
Something strange happened to my mozilla mail program. I had an account there (and still have), and now when I enter email program it asks me for a new email account configuration as it has no email account there. But the email account is inside the profile, I don't know why he doesn't reconizes it. Do you know what should I do?

Thanks
fondacio

Post by fondacio »

The easiest thing to do is to enter your account settings again. Don't download your new mail yet after you've done that, but go to <Edit | Mail & Newsgroup Account Settings> first. Go to <Server settings> and point <Local directory> to the folder in your profile that already contained your mail. It should work now.
hsaund

Post by hsaund »

Similar problem
Mozilla under XP has lost the email 4 times. There are 4 sets of mail files in the mail folder but none of them are accessible directly thru the program. Since the mail is clearly there (file sizes and dates) How does one recover it. [I decided that the 1.4 install was jinxed and today went to 1.5]
1] What happened?
2] How to fix?
fondacio

Post by fondacio »

You should follow my description in the account above for each of the accounts.
engn776

Post by engn776 »

tried that no joy.
lost abook.
cant/wont index email. shows folders but no content. attempts to open folders gets the famous hourglass. what to do? how can indices be recreated?
fondacio

Post by fondacio »

You might want to wait a little longer. Reindexing folders may take quite some time, so you should at least wait until the hourglasses disappear.
dzuluub

no top-tier folder

Post by dzuluub »

Hi!
I have Thunderbird 1.5.0.10 on Mac OS 10.3. An update was downloaded around March 6.
I wanted to add a signature to my outgoings, but could not make it happen. I cannot retrace my steps and have caused my account to disappear from the folders menu to the left of the in-box. So I deleted the original account in account settings and created a new account, with the same results. I can create a new folder under the default identity, but not my own. Also, as to the earlier suggestion I read about the Mail/Newsgroup window– that won't even open.
Can anyone help? Thanks.