Annoying "Profile in use" warning

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
rolwmew

Annoying "Profile in use" warning

Post by rolwmew »

Hi,

I have upgraded my Mozilla from 1.2.1 to 1.5 and since then I can't have more than 1 instance of Mozilla running at the same time. Everytime I click the shortcut a window pops up saying the profile is already in use , please create a new one. I can't create a new profile for every new instance of Mozilla.....I know I can hit ctrl + n but I rather want a real solution. I'm using RedHat 9. I have googled the last 2 days and there are some people who have the same problem, but no one seems to know how to fix this... ?
johann_p

Post by johann_p »

You cannot run Mozilla multiple times with the same profile because this could (and probably would) mess up your settings and other stuff. Why would you want to do that anyways - you can always open new windows.
If you just want to use the shortcut icon to open a new window, you can use the Mozilla Starter Script : just
download the script, change the configuration settings in it, make it executable and change the shortcut icon properties to point to the script: the script will either start the first instance of mozilla or open a new window if mozilla is already running.
rolwmew

Post by rolwmew »

that did the trick, thanks!