download manager disables further browser and download use

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite

download manager disables further browser and download use

Post by Guest »

The download manager doesnot work with some downloadlinks. The manager opens but there is no download activity. It stays open.
After closing it the browser doesnot seem to work. Opening a site or trying to download something, which previously did work, doesnot work.
Only solution to the problem is to close the browser and open it again, but don't try to download the same thing again.
Don't use the browser download manager, but a stand alone browser manager to download from the same link.

downloadmanager problem

Post by Guest »

Forgot to mention, I use mozilla 1.5
Btw opening www.zone.com (microsoft gamessite) doesnot work either.

example

Post by Guest »

try to download www.ibiblio.org/peanut > dowload > peanut.zip-file. Even with right mousebutton and select 'save linke as' starts the download manager and the download starts (shows progressbar, speed indicator, etc.), then it freezes and nothing happens anymore.
MuldrzSiS

Post by MuldrzSiS »

I had no trouble just now downloading peanut with either FB 0.7+ or Moz 1.5. Does not seem to be a problem the browser itself. As for The Zone, MS likes to lock out other browsers from some of its sites. I believe the problem is that it uses ActiveX.
Keep your forked tongue behind your teeth
Gandalf - The Lord of the Rings
Gunnar

Post by Gunnar »

Try deleting "downloads.rdf". To be on the safe side, move the file somehwere else rather than deleting it.
http://mozilla.gunnars.net - The Mozilla Help Site

download.rdf

Post by Guest »

There is no downloads.rdf or download.rdf in Program Files/Mozilla.org/
I did a search and could not find it.
I have now K-Meleon, which is a Mozilla based browser. But in this one the wheelmouse doesnot work for scrolling.
I don't like Firebird, it still need some work done.