help! .moz1.2.1 on Mac OS9

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
eeried2

help! .moz1.2.1 on Mac OS9

Post by eeried2 »

Hello,
I'm in the process of registering but I need help urgently. i had to unistall moz1.2.1 and am unable to reinstall it.
I removed all the mozilla files.
I still have the "mozilla installer" from previous installation and the installataion froze at the "install the component " window the progree bar didn't move the choice was between pause and resume.
I also unzipped the bin file which I had kept as well. THe installer didn't work any better.

I thought I'd get a fresh download from the website but couldn't find the file (only the release notes for 1.2.1). It's the only version for mac os9.
any idea??

eeried
jcraig

Post by jcraig »

First off, I would search your HD with Sherlock to make sure all traces of Mozilla are gone. Then I highly recommend you go to WaMCom and download their version of Mozilla. WaMCom is an open-source project that takes Mozilla builds and makes them better, by applying additional bug-fixes and/or adding features. Their latest build is built on Mozilla 1.3.1, and is available for OS9.
eeried2

Post by eeried2 »

Thanks for your reply.

I have searched the harddisk. Nothing there.
It's good news to know there's a less old version for Os9 -- thanks for the tip.
I'll let you know how it goes!

Now eeried
1o9

Post by 1o9 »

jcraig wrote:First off, I would search your HD with Sherlock to make sure all traces of Mozilla are gone. Then I highly recommend you go to WaMCom and download their version of Mozilla. WaMCom is an open-source project that takes Mozilla builds and makes them better, by applying additional bug-fixes and/or adding features. Their latest build is built on Mozilla 1.3.1, and is available for OS9.

Funny you say that, That's just what I was about to mention :)
eeried2

Post by eeried2 »

Download and installation were all right. Moz 131 is working fine. I was able to create several profiles as well and all seem in good working order (for a reasearch center). Great Wamcom job!

Thanks a lot for this valuable information!
eeried