Error in date sorting

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite

Post Posted December 2nd, 2003, 11:46 am

I tried exporting an eml file from outlook. Then I renamed it (stripping the extension), and copied it into the Local Folders folder of Mozilla mail. I opened the program, but when I tried to enter the new folder, it was empty. I found that I have to manually edit the eml file, adding the following line at the beginning:

From - Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1965

Then it works, I can see the message and move it around. And all the fields (date, subject) are correct.
Now I have to try to see if I can correct a bad message this way, and make it behave correctly... :-)

Anyway, I think that Mozilla mail should be able to deal with long header fields, without giving these weird results...



User avatar
Posts: 374
Joined: August 16th, 2003, 6:47 am
Location: Germany

Post Posted December 3rd, 2003, 12:56 am

I'm happy you could solve your problem!

Cuius rei demonstrationem mirabilem sane
detexi hanc marginis exiguitas non caperet.
P. de Fermat


Post Posted December 3rd, 2003, 6:06 am

Ogre, actually the problem isn't really solved - I just found a workaround to fix bad messages. I have still to find out if the new incoming messages are affected too, or if the problem only happens when importing...



Post Posted December 3rd, 2003, 11:59 am

I found out that if I export a "bad" message from OE as .eml, and then import it in Mozilla, the problem doesn't happen (the message is imported correctly). This means that the error is just in the "import" code, and does not affect the "header parsing" code. This should mean that only imported messages are affected, while new messages should be handled correctly.


Return to SeaMonkey Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests