Error in date sorting

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Macavity

Post by Macavity »

I tried exporting an eml file from outlook. Then I renamed it (stripping the extension), and copied it into the Local Folders folder of Mozilla mail. I opened the program, but when I tried to enter the new folder, it was empty. I found that I have to manually edit the eml file, adding the following line at the beginning:

From - Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1965

Then it works, I can see the message and move it around. And all the fields (date, subject) are correct.
Now I have to try to see if I can correct a bad message this way, and make it behave correctly... :-)

Anyway, I think that Mozilla mail should be able to deal with long header fields, without giving these weird results...

Cristian
Ogre

Post by Ogre »

I'm happy you could solve your problem!

Cuius rei demonstrationem mirabilem sane
detexi hanc marginis exiguitas non caperet.
P. de Fermat
Macavity

Post by Macavity »

Ogre, actually the problem isn't really solved - I just found a workaround to fix bad messages. I have still to find out if the new incoming messages are affected too, or if the problem only happens when importing...

Cheers
Cristian
Macavity

Post by Macavity »

I found out that if I export a "bad" message from OE as .eml, and then import it in Mozilla, the problem doesn't happen (the message is imported correctly). This means that the error is just in the "import" code, and does not affect the "header parsing" code. This should mean that only imported messages are affected, while new messages should be handled correctly.

Cristian