mac + mozilla + flash = SLOW

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
DreamEFX

mac + mozilla + flash = SLOW

Post by DreamEFX »

first off I love Mozilla. It's the best browser ever (in my humble opinion) and I've been using it since like 2001.

Anyways, I've been using the PC for more then 8 years and just recently bought a new 17" powerbook (specs if you don't know 1.33Mhz and 512 ram and OSX panther)

now for some odd reason Flash runs well in IE mac, Safari mac. However I use mozilla as my main browser. What I've noticed is flash suffers a lot in Mozilla.

Why? Is it a macromedia issue or is it a mozilla mac issue?

I'm just curious and I'm not saying PC is better or vice versa. just kinda depressed that mozilla doesn't handle the flash player as good as it should.
All I want is everything am i asking too much?
jcraig

Post by jcraig »

I've got a 3 year old iMac 400Mhz. Flash works fine for me on Mozilla 1.4.1 and Firebird 0.7.1. However, it drags severely on Camino, for which a bug exists. Could possibly be a Flash bug in Panther?

BTW, I've got Flash plug-in 6.0 r79. There is a newer plug-in (7.0 r14), but after reading some of the reviews at Versiontracker, I stuck with the older one.
bubblebutt

Post by bubblebutt »

maybe it's just my version of Mozilla?

1.5 for the mac....
mikeg61

flash7.0 -win98 -mz1.5

Post by mikeg61 »

I found that MS IE will open the url of text links in a Flash Object where Moz1.5 will do nothing? Testing the Flash Player at Macromedia, the Flash Player is installed correctly. Anyone know what's up with this?